𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 | 𝐎𝐑𝐃𝐄𝐑𝐒warning: semi-sexual content

𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 | 𝐎𝐑𝐃𝐄𝐑𝐒
warning: semi-sexual content

"Mari, get up!" The girl's mother yelled. "You have school! Winter break is over."

"I don't wanna go." Marianna sighs, looking at the woman. "Maybe I could... drop out."

Geny laughed, thinking her daughter was joking, but her smile dropped when she noticed she was serious. "No way! You are not dropping out."

"I'm not Mario or Ruby, Mami!" She yelled. "School isn't for me!"

"You have a semester of school left before you graduate! You are not dropping out, end of discussion. ¡Ya!" Geny yells, walking out of her room.

"¡Ay! ¡No me escuchas!" you don't listen to me. Marianna exclaims, falling back onto her bed.

"Knock knock." Mario says as he knocks on her open door. "What's going on?"

"Nothing." Marianna quickly gets up, turning away from her brother. "I need to get dressed."

"Look, Manana," a nickname Mario came up with for her when she discovered her love for banana pudding when she was six. "I know I wasn't here when it counted, but I'm here now. You can still talk to me."

"I don't wanna talk to you, Mario." She rolls her eyes. "Please, just go."

"I'm not leaving. I'm here this time, hermana." sister. He tells her, walking over to her. "So, please talk to me."

"Goddamnit, Mario!" Marianna shouts as she turns to face him. "Just fuck off! I don't need you anymore."

"Language, Marianna!" Geny yelled from the kitchen.

Marianna rolled her eyes before lowering her voice. "I'm counting down the days Amber has her baby and you guys get the hell out of here. I'm tired of seeing your face."

"Why do you suddenly hate me, huh?" Mario asks. "Because I went away to college, met a girl, and got her pregnant? Because the mother of my child and my child just so happen to be white?"

"Fuck, Mario! It has nothing to do with race or Amber or the baby! It's the fact you chose them over your own sister!" She shouts at him. "I needed you, and you weren't here! You couldn't leave school to help me, but you left school for her. My best friend who was like a sister to me died in my arms! I didn't know how to cope! I had to be strong for Ruby, Mom, Dad, everyone! But who was strong for me? I'm your sister and I needed you! I needed my big brother! The big brother who was a senior in high school but beat up a freshman for me, the big brother who would skip school when I was sick to stay home with me, the big brother who helped me with my period because I thought I was dying and didn't want to tell Mami! That's who I needed. But I don't need you anymore. So go back to your unwed, uneducated, probably on the spectrum, stupid girlfriend and baby! They clearly need you more than I fucking do!"