𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 | 𝐈 𝐖𝐈𝐋𝐋 𝐀𝐋𝐖𝐀𝐘𝐒 𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐓𝐄𝐂𝐓 𝐘𝐎𝐔

Marianna sat at the table, eating her breakfast as she watched her brother argue with their mother over going to church. Her family had accepted a while ago that she believed in God, but didn't feel the need to have to go to church and listen to someone preach it to her. She didn't exactly believe everything in the bible anyways.

"—I almost died!" Ruby exclaims. "And Olivia did, and I just don't believe that if there was a God he would let something like that happen."

"Okay, okay. You don't have to come." Geny relents. "But I'll see you after for menudo."

"Probably not." He says. "Red and I gotta help Jamal out."

"Oh, no, you two don't." She glares at her children. "If you can't hang with Jesus, you can't hang with Jamal. Enjoy your guys' day inside."

Marianna groans as she goes to her room, leaving her cereal on the table. She plopped down on her bed, mindlessly scrolling through her phone as she had nothing to do.

After being bored for a while, she drifted off to sleep. Her sleep only lasted around an hour or so before Ruby burst into her room.

"Come on. We're going to help Jamal." He says angrily.

"But Mami said—"

"I don't care!" Ruby exclaims. "I'm not staying in the house with Amber anymore."

"Alright." Marianna sighs, getting up from the bed and placing her shoes on.

They left the house, walking in silence. She looked up from her phone as she watched her brother cross the street, opposite of Oscar. She frowned at her boyfriend before following after Ruby.

"Hey." Oscar greeted the two, only getting a response from Marianna. "Hey, I'm talking to you!" He yells at Ruby.

"Oh, shit." Marianna groans as she watches her brother angrily walk over to the Santo, kicking the crate from beneath his foot.

"What?" Ruby questions.

"Just wanted to check up on you." He shrugs. "You good?"

"No, I'm not good!" He shouts at him.

"Yo, chill out." Oscar tells him.

"Chill out?" Ruby scoffs, moving away from his sister as she tried to pull him back. "That's all you got as you sit on your damn throne? I got shot! And my friends who's the most amazing person I ever known died because of you, and for what? Nothing! Nothing but some bullshit beef that means nothing! And that night won't stop playing on auto repeat in my head, and every time I move my arm, which is often because I'm a gesticulator, it kills, further reminding me of that night, thanks to you, so don't tell me to chill out!"