𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓

𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 | 𝐖𝐄𝐃𝐃𝐈𝐍𝐆

𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 | 𝐖𝐄𝐃𝐃𝐈𝐍𝐆

"Red!" A voice called out, causing the girl to turn around.

Marianna's heart stopped as she caught sight of her ex boyfriend. It felt like the whole world was closing in on her as he continued to walk towards her, and she couldn't breathe.

"S-Sapo?" She stuttered, tears brimming her eyes. "What are you, uh, what are you doing here?"

"What do you mean?" He approaches the girl, causing her to fearfully back away. "I came to see mi novia." my girlfriend. He states.

"You ghosted me!" She exclaims, anger bubbling in her. "We're not a thing."

"Is that why you're running around with that deadbeat Santo?" He laughs.

"Don't talk about him like that!" Marianna was quick to defend him.

"Hey! Who you getting loud with!?" He exclaims, stepping towards the girl and trapping her in between his body and the fence. "Yeah... I don't want you around him no more. You're mine, alright?"

"You haven't texted, called, or come to see me in almost a year." Marianna rolls her eyes. "You're a fucking puto!" bitch.

Sapo's hand came up to leave a harsh slap on the girl's face, a strong gasp leaving her mouth as his hand made contact with the right side of her face. Her eyes shot open, along with her body jolting as she woke up from her nightmare.

Her breathing was heavy as she wrapped her arms around herself, eyes shut as she was afraid that it wasn't a nightmare at all. But she knew everything was okay when she heard his voice. She knew she was safe.

"Mari, what's wrong?" Oscar questioned, placing his hand on the girl's shoulder comfortingly.

"What happened?" She turned to look at him.

"Uh, after fixing the car, we came in and watched a movie. I'm guessing we accidentally fell asleep." Oscar explains.

"Shit." Marianna stands up from the couch, grabbing her phone to check the time. Luckily, it was only eleven o'clock. "I should get home."

"Yeah, okay. Let's go." Oscar offers. "Did you bring a jacket with you?"

"I wasn't really planning on staying over this long." She laughs.

"Hold on." Oscar walks away.

Now that Marianna was alone, it was hitting her. Maybe having a dream of Sapo was her mind somehow telling her he was gonna pop up soon. Her heart was racing just thinking about it, and all of the sudden, she couldn't breathe.

She began to slightly pace in place as her chest heaved up and down quickly. She swallowed thickly as she tried to calm herself down and slow her breathing. Tears started to fill her eyes as her chest began to hurt and she couldn't get herself to breathe.