Once upon a dream

A long time ago lived a Emperor of the age 21, he was strong and powerful but very young. All the kingdom admired him but they also feared him. The although was angry and harsh, he had no family, and his court was filled with people who wanted to use him for their own bidding. On the inside he was very lonely. He would often look out on his kingdom from his balcony wishing for family and love.

In this emperors kingdom, a young girl lived in a small town in a cottage. She was very poor and had little to her name but she was the kindest in the kingdom. She had a few friends who were always kind to her. She loved the stray dogs, they were always around her and she took care of them. The dogs helped her with her tiny garden where she sold her finest fruits and vegetables.

One day the young girl decided she had grown enough fresh food and saved enough money to travel to the capital city to try to sell her wares there. She entrusted her dogs to her friends but decided to bring her favorite dog with her. The dog was big and strong and was able to protect her.

It was long journey, but enjoyed all of it, once she got there she rented a room at the local inn and found a good spot to set up shop. She was able to sell a lot, but there was quite a few thieves, it frustrated her for a moment, but they probably needed the food.

After a long day she sold almost all of her foods, she was surprised that everyone loved what she had, she didn't want to go back home yet so she decided to stay for another week.
After a while, she couldn't sleep, she decided to sit out on her room's balcony, looking out she was awestruck by the castle, she was pretty close to it. Looking closer the girl saw someone, a boy was sitting on a balcony and he looked lost in though.

'Wow' She thought, she wondered if that was the emperor. The young man had beautiful white hair with a bit of red. He looked strong, but peaceful. After a moment the boy looked over and they locked eyes. She felt him looking at her. She wondered his thoughts and was surprised he didn't look away from her.

The young emperor was surprised at the woman for not shouting at him, she was calm and she smiled at him, he almost smiled back.

After a bit they both went back to their rooms and decided to go to bed.

------------------------------------The young girls POV---------------------------------

I looked around, everything was beautiful, I was in a forest, it was so bright and green. The birds were chirping and there were animals all around. I wandered for hours, until I stumbled across a small clearing. I couldn't help but dance around.

"I know you, I walked with you once upon a dream" I sang

"I know you, that look in your eyes is so familiar a gleam

And I know it's true that visions are seldom all they seem
But if I know you, I know what you'll do
You'll love me at once, the way you did once upon a dream" I smiled to myself.

A young man walked out of the clearing and took my hand, dancing with me. It surprised me, it was the boy from the balcony. He was even more handsome up close. I blushed and we continued to dance.

"I know you, I walked with you once upon a dream
I know you, that gleam in your eyes is so familiar a gleam
And I know it's true that visions are seldom all they seem
But if I know you, I know what you'll do
You'll love me at once, the way you did once upon a dream" We both sang.

I woke up. It was later than I expected, my dog was licking my face.

"Were you worried about me boy?" I pet his head. "I had the strangest dream last night, I think I dreamed of dancing with the emperor." I felt silly, what a silly dream. I didn't even know the song I sang.