Coming back home (Barry/Patty)

After a long day saving Central City, Barry speeds back home, his golden boots thundering against the pavement. He's careful not to crack the asphalt, so he treads lightly to avoid causing damage to the roads.

He speeds into the suburbs, he decided after having Henry, that they would move out of the city and into a quieter territory. Barry phases through the fences of each yard, taking extra precaution, blurring himself to where he is invisible when he runs. He speeds into the backyard and trudges tiredly at normal speed up the stairs of the back yard porch. He opens the sliding door and immediately the smell of Patty's dinner hit him. He smiled at his wife and she turns around, grinning at him with mirth. Barry deactivates his cowl and walks towards Patty.

"Well, you're home early," She beamed.

"Yeah, light day."

Barry kissed the top of her head. Patty smiled and closed her eyes, shifting her weight to where she was leaning against Barry.

"Dad! Dad look!" Henry said as he ran into the living room, the kitchen was connected directly into the living room.

"I'm gonna be Duct Tape man! Even if I don't have powers I could just tie people with duct tape, you can do anything with duct tape!"

Henry punched the air with his duct tape made boxing gloves. He had duct tape wrapped around his hair in a band, that was going to be a pain to take off, Barry thought.

"I... don't know if that's gonna work as well as you hope it will kiddo," Barry said awkwardly, looking at Patty for help, she just smiled and kept stirring a pot of sauce.

She then walked around the kitchen counter and tugged on one of the tapes on his hair.

"And you might rethink that as we peel all this off, go up stairs and take a bath, the water should... help..." Patty said.

Henry nodded, now immensely worried that he'd never be able to take so much duct tape off, he had built a chestplate and shoulder guards to protect him. Now he regretted everything.

"A little," Patty chuckled.

"That boy is never getting his powers, is he?" Barry said, clearly deflated.

Patty wrapped her arms around his neck and hugged him, getting on her tippy toes to cradle her head into his shoulder.

"Don't ask me, you're the Superhero weird runner guy."

She pulled back to look Barry in the eyes.

"But even if he doesn't. We'll love him just as much."

Barry lovingly stared in appreciation of his wife. Patty had her hair in a messy bun with strands of it sticking to her forehead from the hard labor required to clean a home and garden. She was the stay at home parent for now, with Barry committed to work his job at CCPD and crime fighting. Raising a family had made them more... careful, so to speak about doing a lot of things. Even though Patty looked tired, being a mother really made her look a thousand times more beautiful. He was thankful she stayed when he asked her too, she almost lost her, if she had gone to Coast city to study more in the justice department... he would've lost her forever. He's glad fate had plans for them that day.

"Finish dinner while I... untape the boy."

Patty walked up stairs to take care of Henry, while Barry sighed and looked at what Patty was cooking, eager to just help her out after a long day of her taking care of Henry and doing stuff a mother would do.