2 Cops in Love (Patty/Barry)

Kind of a short one-shot, in which Barry is the Captain of the precinct in CCPD. Patty is a new transfer, they're called to a situation that is very dangerous, they aren't sure if they'll make it, but they got each other, and that's what matters. 

Barry sighed and sat at his desk, he sipped his coffee while he idly viewed today's paper. He propped his feet up on his desk and sighed as the cool morning breeze hit him, from a nearby open window he could hear the beeps of the cars and the bustling of the people of Central City, it was somehow calming him, crime rate had been down low right now thanks to the new metahuman task force he made, there was a new recruit coming in today that wanted to join the task force, Barry barely eyed her file, he didn't really even know her name. 

"Captain Allen, the transferee is here, if you want to speak to her," A well-built man with a nice mustache and beard informed him, Barry nodded and stood up. 

"Thanks, sergeant Mathews, I'll be right there," Barry said. Officer Mathews nodded and closed the door. 

Barry opened the door, he spotted a blonde in the middle of the lobby, she had piercing blue eyes, Barry almost gasped as they locked eyes. Barry's ears heated up but he walked on otherwise, flashing Patty with his signature smile, he saw the flush on her cheeks and grinned wider.

"Well well well, and just who may you be?" Barry asked.

"Patty Spivot, your new transfer," Patty cheerfully said and smiled at him. 

"Well Officer Spivot, welcome to Central City, and welcome to the task force," Barry said and handed her a badge. 

"Thank you, Captain Allen, it really means a lot to me that you accepted my request," Patty told him.

"Sure thing, I'm always looking for any volunteers, although you're gonna be on reconnaissance more than assault I'm afraid, can't have you running out there in full combat gear just yet, we need to test your skills," Barry said. 

"I won't let you down," Patty assured him. Barry nodded.

"You'll be under Officer Mobius, he'll show you the ropes the first few days here on the force," Barry mentioned. 

"Mobius!" Barry called down the stairs. An older man stumbled down the stairs and straightened his tie. 

"Yeah, I'm here, just got into a squabble with Officer Hiddleston, what seems to be the problem?" 

"We've got a freshie, make sure she knows everything about the team before the end of the week," Barry told him.

"Sure can do, Captain," Mobius assured him and saluted him. 

Barry smiled at Patty and then returned to his office. He sat down on the chair and rubbed his forehead. There was a mound of paperwork to be done and he had a lot of papers to sign. 

...

By the time he removed his sight from his paperwork, it was already dark, but the good thing was he was done with his paperwork, filling out a few forms about new weaponry for metas, and the common report for his chief.  

He poured himself a cup of scotch, immediately downing the shot. He sighed and got out of his chair. He opened the door to his office and stepped out into the lobby, he expected it to be empty, as all the officers for the night shift were stationed downstairs, he found Patty reading a book and sitting at a bench.

"Office Spivot, you're here late, it's way past your shift and I am not paying you overtime," Barry joked.

"Oh, I'm sorry, I was just reading the manual for the task force," Patty meekly stated.