Supergirl's Hope (Kara/Barry)

Alright, it's really bugging me that I can't upload pictures but eh, whatever, it's okay. So, today's fluff piece is part of fluff week, mhm, I'm going to try and write some fluff pieces this week. But IDK, my schedule can shift due to the fact that I am on vacation. 

Anyways, onto the fluff!

Kara was in her apartment, there was no light emitting from it, she was curled into a ball with her knees to her chest. After her encounter with Reign and then dying to her, Kara suffered many visions of traumatic events, when Reign stabbed her in the chest with her clawed hands. When Barry couched over her and cried as she said her last words. 

She was in her black Supergirl suit, she pulled at the collar as her neck felt itchy, her skin was pale and sick as she was still healing from her death. She was torn apart after Reign killed another innocent bystander, someone she could have saved.

It shook her to her core.

She was broken inside. 

...

Barry checked his watch as he sped to the apartment, he walked up to the door and unlocked it, he had flowers behind his back. 

"Kara? Is it okay if I come in? I haven't heard from you since the afternoon... I was worried," Barry chose his words carefully to avoid making her feel even more guilty. 

"Yeah, come in," She whispered, Barry almost didn't hear, but he nodded and entered the dark apartment.

The sight of her saddened him and his heart felt heavy seeing her suffering. 

He reached the couch in a couple of swift steps and sat down next to her. Kara was curled into a tight ball with her knees to her chest as she looked up at the ceiling. 

"Are you okay?"

"No... I'm not," She whispered brokenly.

Barry pulled her to him in a tight embrace as Kara pressed her face into his chest and sobbed uncontrollably into his chest.

She cried uncontrollably for a while, Barry wasn't sure if she had tears left in her eyes by the time she stopped crying. Kara looked at him with red, inflamed eyes. 

"I feel like a fool, Barry, I thought I could just beat Reign, and then everything would be alright. I feel like I could just have everything I've ever wanted. And now, Alex and J'onn are vulnerable and they need me, but I can't fight, not right now. Part of me can't help thinking that I deserve this, for thinking that I could have so much, that anyone could..."

"I get it, I have been thinking that a lot too lately. How I can never do enough, that all my mistakes outweigh all the good I've done. But it's not true. It can't be, we are going to save this city from Reign, from everyone who threatens to destroy the world, we've done it a dozen times before, we'll do it again."

"How can you be so hopeful?" Kara sniffled. 

"Because Kara, I have you, and when you're in my heart, nothing can be impossible to me," Barry murmured, his eyes looking deep into Kara's stormy blue eyes. 

Kara's demeanor changed, she was suddenly more relaxed, more grounded. She had finally regained her bearings and the color slowly came back to her skin. She let out a deep breath into Barry's neck as she could finally breathe again. 

"Thank you, for everything," Kara murmured.

Barry ran his hands across her arms, her black suit reflected the very sunset they basked in, the only light in her dark apartment. He squeezed her hands tightly in his. 

"You're very welcome, I like the new suit, you know."

Kara perked up, she smiled and looked down at it, a light pink hue danced across her cheeks.

"Thanks, it absorbs sunlight energy twice as fast."

"Don't be afraid to heal Kara, don't be afraid of what Reign can do, just focus on healing, on coming back," Barry murmured, putting a hand to her cheek, feeling how cold it was. 

"I'm trying, but every step I take it feels like I'm backtracking two steps back," She whispered.

"Hey, don't beat yourself up about it, remember your heritage, remember your roots, Kara."

Kara nodded, her hand running over the silver symbol of the house of El on her chest. The very symbol of her family in which she was raised, her upbringing as one of the noblest houses on Krypton. 

"Be Kara Zor-El, but most importantly, be Kara Danvers, because that is who you are right now."

"And who are you?"

Barry smiled.

"I'm Barry Allen, the man you love."

Kara smiled and kissed his cheek. 

"You're right, I can't be Kara Danvers without you, but right now, Supergirl needs help, she needs hope."

Barry smiled, and he hugged her close.

"Then maybe the Flash can give her the hope he needs, by fighting by her side."

"You'll do that?" Kara asked him. 

"Yeah, I will."

Kara looked down at her hands.

"Maybe after Reign, I can focus on more humanitarian work, these hands... they are used for battle. But now I want to use them for peace."

"That sounds like a noble cause, maybe the Flash could join you," Barry murmured. 

Kara handed him a magazine with a shot of them kissing in a place they thought they weren't being watched. It was titled: SUPERGIRL AND THE FLASH SUPERFRIENDS OR SUPERLOVERS?

Barry laughed out loud.

"Well gee, isn't the media nosy."

Kara scrunched her nose affectionately.

"It was written by William, sorry but he is intensely obsessed with our relationship."

"Yeah, well I think he's right about one thing," Barry said as he read the article.

"What?"

"That you and I are the hottest couple in the world right now."

Kara blushed and looked down, Barry tilted her chin up to face him. He placed a delicate kiss on her lips.

"I'm glad I'm here, by your side, I wouldn't be anywhere else right now."

Kara reached up and held his hands that were holding her face.

"You help me heal, I hope you know that."

...

That was really good, I really did enjoy writing this short fluff piece. Anyways, thanks again all the viewers and I'll see you in the next one.