Crack Ship #1 (Barry/Kate)

I can't write long oneshots rn. Something is wrong with my brain. Pls help me. 

"Hey what's up doofus? Did you miss me, your best friend?!" Kate asked with a very enthusiastic tone. 

She grabbed Barry who was sitting down having lunch in STAR Labs, putting him into an arm lock and nudging his head relentlessly.

"Ugh, not at all," Barry murmured. 

"Nuggy Nuggy!"

"Ow ow! Don't noogie me, bro!" Barry complained as Kate horsed around with him. 

Kate Kane was your average short-haired tomboy who dressed in a bat costume and terrorized Gotham City's criminal population. Adding that she might have feelings for the Scarlet Speedster... There's one hell of a pair. 

Childhood friends, Kate and Barry had interacted with one another during the time period the Kane's would visit Central City to establish fundraisers and get away from city life. Joe West was really nice to them and so they befriended the West family quickly. Kate met Barry and so they became friends. Kate came out as bisexual in her early teenage years, having a crush on Barry since they were kids. 

And I also successfully made myself depressed by establishing a depressing storyline to add to my depressing life, so I deleted the entire part of this ficlet and just added a happy ending.

"Hey..."

"Hey."

Barry was snapped out of his thoughts as he stood at the altar in a church. It was his wedding day, he felt his cheeks heat up as he spaced out at the alter.

"What are you looking at idiot?"

He heard Kate chuckle. Barry smiled at her, Kate neatly folded her hands in front of her, her short hair covered by a white veil that was already pushed back, revealing her beautiful face. 

"You promised to make me happy, right?" She asked him.

Barry nodded.

"Yeah, I made that promise to the shark-toothed short haired best friend I had. I can't believe she grew up to be the most beautiful woman in the room."

She couldn't believe she was marrying the Scarlet Speedster, but then here she is. Marrying the doofus that she always cared about. Life was good.

Life was awesome.