To the end of the line(Superflash)

A little sad Oneshot, Kara confesses her love to Barry as they stand up to the inevitable crisis in front of them. Both of them know they aren't going to come out alive, and Barry sure as hell knows it. So he lets Kara revel by granting her this one last wish, to be more than super friends, even if it's for a few minutes. 

Barry knew that this was it. The monitor was always right, and in crisis, he said that both of them were to meet their end, right here, right on this earth, right now. 

He tried to look for a way out, but there was no going back, it was written in the book of destiny, they would both die in crisis. 

Kara sniffled and walked away without a word as the red wave of anti-matter got closer, the people of National City were already evacuated, but they couldn't save everyone. Barry stared at their failure, two incredible people could pull off rescuing a city as they did, but the whole world? That was impossible. Barry was in great despair. 

He tuned out Oliver as he screamed at him to get back to the Waverider. Barry made sure to speed him back into the breach, pushing him inside just as the breach closed, he would certainly shoot him if he somehow survived this, but Oliver had a kid, Mia, and Barry didn't, neither did Kara, and they would both die before he did.

He found Kara sitting on top of the Catco building, she had a front seat view to the end of her earth, Earth-38. Then he heard the impending waves of shadow demons screech and groan. The ships have already left, but the portal hasn't closed, they must buy Lena enough time so she can find a way to close the portal without blowing them up in the process.

Barry smiled, although fresh tears stained his cheeks, he wiped them off his face as he approached Kara and sat down next to her. He chose to be witty in the face of death, with no time to whine and regret. 

"Well... it's... it's almost time."

Her face came into view as she looked over to him, her face glowed in the deep red light punctuated with crimson explosions from the vaporizing terrain that lay hundreds of miles away from them, it was creeping closer at an incredible speed. The face she had made his heart freeze and ache under his chest, he had words made up, but they wouldn't leave his mouth. His words all fizzled away and the only thing that came out was a small gasp as he stared at Kara, mapping her trail of tears that were trickling down her dirt-stained face. Her eyes were glistening with tears.

"Kara, we did all we could," He said, scooting closer to her in order to make her feel more comfortable.

"Be quiet, Barry, for once, just be quiet. We didn't do enough, and we failed."

Barry stayed silent per Kara's orders, his gaze was steady on her, he ignored the rumble that shook the building. Barry's chest heaved at the sight of Kara's broken resolve, her vulnerability. Kara wiped her eyes quickly with her hands, she looked at him and then shut her eyes tight.

"I need to tell you something."

"Anything."

"I'm in love with you."

Barry couldn't help but recoil back. He pulled off his cowl and chucked it off of the roof. His hazel eyes boring into her blue orbs.

"I'm sorry, I didn't know, I..." He trailed off, licking his dry lips.

"I'll grant you your last wish," He barely got out, in a soft whisper, but Kara heard it regardless.

Kara gave him a petulant smile, which Barry returned, Kara's bottom lip quivered. 

"I'm a bad friend, I'm sorry," Kara told him.

"No, Kara, you held off on things for so long, just let me give you what you want just this once, so I can go feeling like I satisfied everyone, helped in what I could," Barry said.