Chapter 14: Getting Ready

Rajveer P.O.V

I had no idea when my parents came here to Priya's house but now all of us including me, my parents, Priya, and her family are sitting in their living room.

" Zaid you wanted to talk to us?" My father asked Priya's brother

"Yes uncle, as you know we already are short on time with everything so I just wanted to make some requests to you and Rajveer before the wedding"

By looking at Priya's face it was clear she also didn't have any idea about the requests.

My mother encouraged Zaid to tell us what was going on in his mind.

"First of all, Maya Aunty wants the functions to be done by your family and I appreciate that but I can't accept that. Priya is not only my sister but she is like my child so I want to take responsibility for her.

So me and Kalpana have decided to have the engagement and wedding from our side."

I looked at Priya again to know her views on it but she was looking at Kalpana like she was telling her something and whatever she was saying got passed to Kalpana as she gave her a small nod on it. After that Priya took a deep breath at turned towards us.

When she noticed I was looking at her, she froze for a second After that she just gave me a nod which meant she was okay with it.

" I appreciate your concern and love for your sister Zaid Bhai and we are sorry if you felt that we doubted your capabilities but Maa just wanted you and Kalpana not to be worried as everything is going to be in a fast phase," I told him

"Yes Zaid, I just didn't want you and Kalpana to feel overwhelmed with the responsibility of a wedding. It's okay if you want things to be in your way." Maa told them

Zaid smiled towards my mother and thanked her After that she told Priya to go and check on Ruhi which was simply meant to make her go from here but why?

"Thank you for understanding us. Now one more thing Rajveer we know you are a very famous person due to your business and your wedding is going to be a big deal as well but we want Priya's name and Pictures not to be posted on any social media or newspaper till wedding" Kalpana told me with a nervous voice

"I can try to do my best but once the wind of me getting married goes down then there will be reporters following me everywhere hence it can get troublesome but may I know why?"

Kalpana looked at Zaid and returned her eyes towards me " Give some time to her. She will tell you herself as it's her story"

I just gave her a nod and talked some more about the wedding arrangements when we were talking Siddharth entered the room and took Priya's previous seat.

" She wants a small engagement function with only family and friends," he said looking at us

Kalpana again gave him a disapproved look which clearly showed how much she wanted to strangle him. Me too KP, Mee too.

" This is Siddharth my brother and their Rajveer family" KP introduced them

" I already met them when they came, KP."

" So she told you about the engagement thing?" My mother asked him

"No Aunty but she used to tell me that it doesn't matter what kind of wedding she has but she always wanted to have an aesthetic engagement in the backyard with a small gathering"

"You both seem like good friends," my mother said

I don't want to hear it, Mom. I am already pissed at the fact he knows what kind of engagement my fiance wants not me.