Chapter 12: Save The Date

Rajveer P.O.V

After reaching the office I started with my normal work routine which consists of back-to-back meetings. Having such a big business is kind of hectic as well and we need to be up to date regarding our customer's needs and requirements so we can have a trustworthy customer base.

The Randhawa empire is one of the top names in the business world and to create that me and my dad had worked our ass off. Thus we try to give our best attention towards our work so it can be in the top place forever.

By the time I got free from my second meeting, my mother came into my cabin. NOW this is unusual she rarely comes to the office and if she comes it means business.

 NOW this is unusual she rarely comes to the office and if she comes it means business

"We need to talk" she announced
" And that talk can't wait till evening?" I asked her

She narrowed her eyes at me and sat in front of me
"Do you want to get married or not?"
She asked while raising an eyebrow

Now she has my full attention "What about Marriage"?

She gave me a fox smile " Oh now I think about it.. you are right... the conversation can wait till evening or maybe for 1 year?"

What the hell does she mean by 1 year?

"Don't play games maa. Tell me what's going on?"

" So I met Pandit Ji in the morning and there are only 3 dates for your marriage and after that, it will be after 4 years"

What the fuck?

Taking a deep breath I asked, " What are the dates?"

"The first one is after 12 days"

"No, I can't take Armaan and Vanya's thunder. It's almost around their wedding" I replied

" Fair enough, the next one is exactly one month from now"

" No maa, it's too soon and arrangements will also take time"

" The last one is after one year," she said with wiggling eyebrows

I know she knows that I'll not accept that.

"Next month is it then. Talk to Priya's Brother and ask about their opinion. I will talk to Priya. "

" Ummm about that we already had the conversation with them and they are okay with next month's date. And we also decided that at the end of this week, you both will get engaged which means in the next 4 days" She gave me a nervous smile

" If you have already planned everything then why create a drama to ask me? And why in 4 days? " I ask with a hard voice.

She took some time to reply to me and I already know why. She knows I don't like it when things are not done according to me.

" Veer from next week Armaan wedding preparations will get started. Thus you and Priya will be busy for almost one week and truly saying her brother wants you two to get at least engaged before going to Goa for the wedding. "