Chapter 12

Izuku had a feeling he had forgotten something very very important. But he couldn't quite put his finger on it. So he recounted everything he did in the past few days so he could understand what he didn't do.

It was already night time by the time he got back home. He continued to ponder on what he had forgotten. It wasn't until he had a shower and on bed ready to sleep did he remembered what he had forgotten.

" I FORGET ABOUT ALL MIGHT!! "

He sat up straight in his bed.

"Ha ha ha"

" he finally realized "

" yeah kid, you forgot your mentor "

" you knew what I forgot didn't you? " izuku asked scrambling to get his phone.

" and stop laughing banjo! This isn't funny."

He found his phone had been off for god knows how long. As he started it he was bombarded with notifications and missed calls. FROM. YAGI. TOSHINORI. ALL. MIGHT.

" shit "

" Yeah kid, I agree this isn't funny. This is hilarious. Comedy gold I tell you. Hahaha!"

" Nana, help!" Izuku was practically whining at her for help.

" ok, shut up you two. Give the kid a break. And it's ok izu. Give toshi a call. I bet he's still awake now. "

" Ok! It's going to be fine -" izuku was cut off by a loud voice coming out of his phone. He accidentally dialed his mentor's number.

' oh no '

And banjo was laughing again this time with en joining in.

" YOUNG MIDORIYA! ARE YOU ALL RIGHT? I COULDN'T REACH YOU!! ARE YOU HURT? ARE YOU LOST? ARE -"

He quickly cut him off before he said something to set off others into a laughing fit. He is pretty sure he heard nana and yoich snicker with hikage. And he did not hear a snort coming from what he assumed second and third? No, he's probably imagining it. He definitely is.

" Yagi-san, I'm fine. I just- I was busy with something.... And I was trying out my quirk and I found something.... Interesting. "

"I'm glad to hear your fine but never do this again ok , my boy?"

" ok. I promise I'll never do it again. I'm sorry Yagi-san "

"It's ok izuku. I was just worried. But I'm glad your ok."

"But you activated the quirk? Are you ok? Nothing broken right? I told you to wait for me to come back from my agency so I could help you... But anyway are you hurt in anyway?"

He was worried. That much was clear to izuku. It made his heart warm to know someone cared about him. Other than... No he's not thinking about him!!

" sorry, Yagi-san. I just wanted to try and see if I could activated it. And I somehow managed to figure out how to use it so I'm fine. I'm not hurt or anything. And there's something I have to talk to you about... The quirk. Are you free tomorrow? If so, can we meet tomorrow after school? "

" wow! That's amazing my boy! I'm happy you figured it out. And I'm free. I'll see you after school hours then . "

"Thanks Yagi-san "

Izuku flopped back down on his bed after he ended the call. Even if he said he wanted to talk about the quirk , he was still unsure if he should really talk about the 7 ghosts that came with the quirk.

" should I tell all might about this.... I'm sure a talk about the quirk being haunted isn't something he's expecting plus will he even believe me..."

Yeah he looked up to the man and kind of started to see him as a father figure of sort but it was just on izuku's part but he wasn't so sure about all might.

"It's ok izuku. He's going to believe you no matter what. And he would love to know you view him as a father figure. He already sees you as his son. Trust me on this. So you have nothing to worry about. It's ok"

" but I don't think I'm ready to admit that just yet. "

Izuku fell back on his bed. Slowly drifting off to sleep.

he wasn't nearly ready to actually admit how he saw him as a father figure.... The only father figure he had was his actual dad. And the present Izuku knew that his father did care for him. sort of. The past him didn't know and thought he had abandoned him. Because he was quirkless. But he really didn't.