Chapter 4

" young man, are you ok? "

Izuku nearly jumped out of his skin when he heard the voice asking him that. Izuku hurriedly got out from his makeshift tent / hide out when he sees that sick looking blond haired man who always looked at him from afar. But now he's here and talking to him... Like izuku's been trying for months now only to have him disappear before he could.

" Y-yeah , I'm fine" which was a lie. Clearly, he wasn't OK.

" You're not " the blonde man said. " You need help with that?"

" No I'm ready fine. I can take care of this much by my self at least." Izuku said getting busy with tending to his wounds. As he sat back down in his tent. This was getting awkward. And he didn't want to meet this guy with him being half covered in bruises and burns. he would at least like to meet him in a much more civilized fashion.

But the blonde man didn't seem to mind and he just sat next to the tent watching him as he bandaged himself.

" My name is Yagi Toshinori. I live around here. What is your name young man? "

" My name is Izuku. It's nice to finally meet you. I saw you around quite some times now actually. But you seem to disappear whenever I try to approach you. " Izuka said absent-mindedly.

The blonde no Yagi-san seems to be flustered at that. And stammered out, " I don't quite like to get involved with people I just watched you clean the beach and got curious but I was nervous to approach you until today at least. "

Izuka hummed in response as he was finally getting done with his bandaging his wounds.

Yagi was silent for sometimes before he asked a question.

"Why are you cleaning this beach? I mean, you don't seem that old to me so why did you try so hard to clean it? "

Izuku just answered what he had in his mind originally as he started to clean the beach,
" I actually started to clean the beach because I wanted to train myself. I want to get into UA and since I don't have a quirk to rely on to help me along the way. so I had to make myself stronger. I just happened to pass by this beach one of the days I was running around the city for my training. And I thought this was the perfect place for me to slowly get stronger using the trash to help with my training and help the community in a way. I want to be a hero after all, I should be able to do at least this much. "

Izuku's mind might have been high on painkillers, because if he had been in his right mind he wouldn't have given that answer. Because he just told this blonde, this unknown stranger that he was quirkless and quite frankly anyone who gets to know of his quirk status tend to think of him as useless. And the fact that he pretty much told this stranger that he's trying to get into UA without a quirk?

' great going izuku, you just earnd yourself an ear full of how it impossible and unattainable. '

To his utter bewilderment the blonde didn't as much as blink as he said, " that is a very excellent ideal you have there a young man. I'm sure you'll be an amazing hero one day. "

Izuku having his mind blown was an understatement. what surprised him more was that that man was being serious And izuku could tell by the look in this man's eyes that he meant it when he said all that. his eyes are so genuine and was as if he was looking through him to someone else when he said that. Almost wistful.

After that they didn't talk much. Izuku was bandaging his wounds and Yagi-san was just sitting on the sand looking at the ocean waves. When he was done, he started to practice his moves that he learned from the less than sketchy dojo with Yagi-san watching him. he would sometimes give pointers when he missed something or did something wrong. it was an interesting and eventful day to say the least.

This went on for quite some days. he later learned that Yagi-san worked as an instructor. so it's quite obvious why he knew how to fight and give him pointers about it it did help him so he just let go be quite enjoyed spending time with him even though the man looked as if he would drop at a moment's notice he was quite fun to be around. So that's how yagi became a mentor of sorts for Izuku. It took no time for Yagi-san to walk into his heart before he knew it. The man became more of a family than he had ever known or had.

He spent his days like this. now that he was strong enough, he went full on learning how to fight and searching more ways he could improve himself. he spent most of his free time exercising or in the libraries learning any knowledge he deemed useful. It was along this time that he got the hang of programming. He was good at analyzing heroes and villains in the past but it was not on a professional level. most professionals are affiliated with some sort of organization or schools. he couldn't exactly wait for when he's in highschool to start because the less time he had to learn that stuff the more behind he is. so he taught himself. he taught himself with the books in the libraries with anything he could find. he frequented all almost all the libraries around his town even the next town over.

He absorbed any knowledge he could get his hand on like a sponge. it was around this time that he learned sign language and morse code. he learned sign language because with that he could communicate and help even someone who couldn't hear or speak and Morse code simply for the heck of it. because he so wanted to tell bakugou how exactly he felt about him and doing it in his face without the blonde knowing is a whole lot more fun than it should have been.

As he continued to learn new knowledge it became more and more easier for him to learn something new. something he very much took advantage of. he learned more complex language when he found he could easily master some much less complex ones.

Yagi-san happens to know a few languages too. So he helped him practice.