Chapter 5

" why do you want to become a hero, my boy? If you don't mind me asking? "

The question caught izuku off guard,  because he wasn't really expecting that  he had just been done with his practice and was just relaxing on the beach with Yagi when he asked that question. It appeared izuku never really told him why he wanted to be a hero to begin with.

Yagi-san was serious when he asked that question. So izuku too gave him his up most sincerest answer.

" I want to be a hero so no more people have to be subjected to what I had to endure. I want to be a hero to protect those that society neglects and pushed side. I want to be a hero so I could reach out and tell them that they're not alone in this. that if they need it, I am here to save them. I don't want to give up on anyone. I want to save them all. civilians, villains. everyone deserves a second chance. I want to change society so that everyone can be a hero in their own way. And then one day maybe there will not be a need for heroes to begin with. "

Izuku spoke with determination as it looked into Yagi-san's eyes but then he looked away into the far distance, in the ocean as he spoke softly , " I know, I don't have that kind of power or any power for that matter but that's the kind of hero I want to be. "

It was silent after that yeah keep on doing over what he said and he was just looking at the sunset. It was quiet and peaceful.

After a long time Yagi-san spoke up again, "what if you had that sort of power ?"

Izuku didn't look at him as he replied ," it would have been great but you already know I'm quirkless. so I can't have what I want. I can't do what I want to the fullest degree because society only looks at those who had powerful quirks not someone with only dreams to show for like me."

" what if I could give you one? " Yagi-san asked not really looking at him because he was also looking at the sea same as Izuku had been just moments before.

Izuku wanted to argue that it was impossible. But something in Yagi-san's eyes and voices made him hold his tongue. As he let Yagi Finnish what he wanted to say.

" A long time ago there existed a man with a quirk that allowed him to steal that of others. Named All for One, he was capable of transferring people’s quirks to others by first stealing them. He wanted to be a god like existence.

All for One had a younger brother who was born quirkless. His brother didn't agree with his views. So All for One forced a special quirk on his brother to help him understand his cause. This quirk allowed him to culminate intense power within his body.

Unbeknownst to All for One, however, his brother did possess a quirk. It was useless because his quirk was the ability to pass his quirk down to others. The passing down cannot be forced and must be a voluntary choice of the owner. What was originally useless turned out to be the brother’s greatest strength – to pass his will down.

To stop his brothers evil plan for dominance.

He was not capable of beating his brother with his then-current abilities. Yet he believed that if he passed it down, someone somewhere along the lines will become capable. Someone who would have manifested and perfected a heritage of powers collected for this one goal. To be the beacon of light, to defeat the nemesis – All for One. That's how one for all came to be. It's a sacred torch that has been passed down from generation to generation with only one goal in mind. to defeat all for one.
I have defeated all for one. That's how I got the injury I showed you. I don't have much time left to be a hero anymore. even if all for one is gone there are many more powerful villains out there.  I want to pass down one for all to a worthy user to help more people in need. "

There was a pause after he said that then he looked at izuku and said, " I want you to be the next user of one for all. I spent the past years watching over you. I have seen you work hard for your dreams. I have seen the heart of a hero in you. the want to help people in need in you so izuku midoriya Will you accept this quirk? "

" I don't want you to give an answer right now. just think it over and tell me when you're ready "

With that Yagi-san left Izuku sitting on the beach thinking over what he just heard from his mentor / father figure (?). Yagi told him to think it over and Izuku did just that. he thought it over and over again. he thought it over for 2 days before he accepted Yagi's offer. I mean really when is he going to get another chance like this.

So 2 days later at the beach izuku gave his answer.

" I accept your offer "

" then "

Then he saw all freaking might standing where his mentor was standing just a few seconds ago and holding out his hair and looking at him expectantly as he said , "eat this "

Yeah his mentor had kindly forgotten to mention that he was all might and izuku was totally not freaking out about that. Nope, not at all.