Chapter 11

Izuku didn't answer him. He stayed quiet so long that they thought he wasn't going to answer them but he did.

"no it isn't. I can't fight back. The past izuku was too weak. And he did want to help him. Hell, even after years of name calling and abuse he looked up to his best friend kachan. The past izuku still had hopes that his best friend was somewhere in that angry red eyes that looked at him with so much disgust and loathing. That izuku probably would have forgiven him too. "

Izuku was now looking through all his past memorys as they play in front of his eyes like a movie. He knew the others were seeing it too from nana's choked sobs , firsts comforting voice and the angry growels he could hear.

" but that was the past izuku. The  izuku who accepted the name as the only truth in his life. The izuku who accepted that he couldn't be a hero but pretend not to. The izuku who believed that he didn't deserve anything and accepted it as a fact. That izuku didn't exist after the age of 10."

Not since he decided to take his former friends advice and get on that rooftop. Not since he gave up on the only dream He clinged to. The only dream that kept him going. That kept him Alive. The 10 year old izuku really did gave up on his dreams because it became too much. Too much for him to handle.

" the present Izuku can't fight back because he isn't allowed to. Because he is quirkless he didn't deserve to be treated as a human. Because if he even showed that he had the will  or power to fight back they will make sure to break that will as they did before and make sure he couldn't ever fight back anymore. "

Izuku still remembered what happened when he tried to be something other than deku. As his memories showed him begging Inko for a way he could defend himself. Her cold answer. "No" 

her panicked face when she found out he tried to learn it himself. Her angry and twisted face as she made him promise he won't do it again. The next day as he slowly made his way from school with 2nd and 3rd degree burns all across his back and chest. Because bakugou learned what izuku tried to do. Because izuku tried to stand up for himself. Because he tried not to be helpless anymore.

Then when izuku changed after he was 10, when he tried to fight back. all he got for fighting back was suspension and a red mark on his school record for injuring his classmate. The first time inko physically hurt him. Slapped him in the face for defending himself against bakugou. The next time he went to school after his suspension was over he came back home with 2nd and 3rd degree burns and a dislocated shoulder. He had to learn how to set it right on his own because he couldn't go to a hospital.

His train of thoughts was cut off by hikage.

" why couldn't you go to a hospital? "

"Because even hospitals doesn't like to treat the quirkless. And we're treated as a disease. They don't like to waste precious resources on a quirkless boy. That's how it's always been. At least the hospital around here has been. "

" It doesn't matter anymore. It gave me a new subject to study anyway. I think now I have enough knowledge and skills to get an EMT certification. I'm thinking about attending an actual class and getting the certificate before going to UA. "

Izuku was changing the subject. He knew it. They knew it. But they let it be for now.