14.

"Ronald Weasley, you'd better have a perfect explanation for this!" She said, grabbing Ron by the hem of his shit and pointing her wand at his neck.

"What's going on?" Asked Ginny.

Fred, George, Ginny and Angelina rushed over to see what was happening.

"Well?" Asked Hermione, pressing her wand harder into his neck.

"What are you on about?" Asked Ron.

"You know full well what I'm on about!" Hermione shouted. "Why the hell is Celine in your bed with no clothes on?"

"Ange brought her to stay for Christmas and I let her have my bed, I slept on the sofa." Ron mumbled.

"No I didn't..." said Angelina quietly.

"Right but why is she naked?" Asked Hermione.

"I don't know." Said Ron, desperately.

"You tell me right now, Ronald Weasley!" She shouted. She was pressing her wand so hard against his neck, he was beginning to choke a little.

"Hermione." Whispered Fred. She looked round at him and he was shaking his head.

"Come on, put the wand down." He said gently, taking the wand out of her hand. "That's it."

Hermione's hand fell limply to her side.

"Ron, just tell me the truth." She sighed. She could tell the news was going to be bad.

"Can we do this privately?" Asked Ron, glancing at everyone else in the room."

Hermione stayed quiet.

"Come on, let's give them some space." Said Fred, ushering everyone out of the room.

"Ron please tell me honestly. What is Celine doing naked in your bed? The truth, this time. Aren't I worth that at least?" She said.

"Okay. Well you've been...away and I've been sort of...lonely and...we haven't been right for a while...a long while and Celine...she sort of got it...and it's just so difficult because you and I have been so distant recently...I've struggled with it...I'm not okay with you being away, and..."

Hermione cut Ron off.

"I want an explanation, not just excuses." She said, avoiding eye contact.

"Look I'm sorry." Said Ron.

"Just tell me what happened, Ron."

"I didn't want to hurt you, Hermione." He said.

"It's not that hard, just explain to me what happened."

"I just..."

"Ron, tell me what happened or I swear to you, I will go up there and ask her myself." Hermione said.

"FINE! I SLEPT WITH HER, OKAY? IS THAT WHAT YOU WANT TO HEAR? I'VE BEEN SEEING HER FOR WEEKS HERMIONE, WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT FROM ME?" Bellowed Ron, making Hermione flinch.

She said nothing.

"I'm sorry." He said, realising how much he'd scared her. "Look you know I'll always love you, Hermione but we just aren't right for each other and you know that and everyone else knows it." Said Ron, hugging her.

Hermione cried into Ron's shoulder.

"Guess this is it, then?" She sobbed.

"Yeah. There's no going back, is there?" He said.

"Not from here, no." She said.

They were both crying now and embracing each other in a tight hug.

"I think coming here for Christmas was a mistake. I think I need to leave, right now." She said, going to put her coat on.