4.

Fred's head was spinning.

What was that? How could she do that to Ron? How could I do that to Ron? If I tell him then that will wreck his and Hermione's relationship. If I don't tell him, the guilt will eat me alive. It's up to her. Her relationship,  her call.

He didn't not like the kiss, but more than anything, it made him uncomfortable so he couldn't enjoy it as much. She was a good kisser, he had to hand it to her, but everything about it felt wrong, so, so wrong. It was the shock of the whole thing, the fact that he hadn't kissed anybody in such a long time.

He had to forget about this. He had to stop thinking about it. It wasn't that he couldn't get the kiss out of his head, it was more what the kiss could do. The devastation it might cause. He hadn't initiated it, he hadn't meant to have given off any signals, he was just being kind. But he had kissed her back. And that was where the guilt lay.

There was a knock at the door.

"Mm?" He said.

Hermione came into his room.

"Fred, I'm...I'm sorry." She whispered, sitting down on the end of the bed. "I just got caught up in the moment and you were being so kind and saying the things I wish Ron would say to me. I was confused and it was wrong." She rested her face in her hands.

"Hey it's alright. You're a friend and friendship means that I don't judge you on what your choices are and I forgive you. There's no other feeling than friendship here. My only problem is Ron, Hermione." He said, quietly.

"I don't know whether to tell him. Just...the whole thing is on me. Please don't blame yourself, Fred." Hermione said. She obviously regretted it from the moment it happened.

"If you want my opinion, I think as long as it meant nothing to either of us, which it didn't. I think we should keep it quiet. It was just one moment and it's not worth risking what you and Ron have, especially if the two of you are already struggling."

Hermione nodded. "So we're agreed, then?" She asked. "Keep it quiet?"

"Keep it quiet." Agreed Fred.

"Okay I'm gonna head back to bed. I don't think we should ever talk about this again."

Fred nodded.

"Night."

"Night."

———

They were sitting in the living room. Hermione shut her eyes and put her lips on Fred's. He was shocked at first, but then he deepened the kiss.

"You're so beautiful." He said between kisses.

"I've wanted you for so long. I can't stay away from you another second." She replied.

She ran her hands through his hair.

He gently leant into her, pushing her down onto the couch, kissing her the whole time. His lips trailed down to her neck and...

Fred woke up with a jolt.

He swore to himself. Now that. That was wrong. He couldn't control his unconscious thoughts, but he could definitely feel ashamed of them.

Oh god, oh god, oh god. He thought to himself.

It certainly made a change from his usual dreams, but how? How could he look her in the eye after that? He'd have to block it out of his memory before his thoughts took over.

It was just his mind's way of figuring her out. He must still be in shock about what happened.  But this was unforgivable, this was Ron's girlfriend, his own brother. He couldn't tell anybody about this, not even George.