thirty five

Dearest Y/n,

There is no doubt in my mind that Dottore had given your memories back, and truth be told .. I didn't want it to come to this. But my life's work is on the line. And your brother is the perfect candidate for my work seeing as how your older sister isn't around to save him.

The truth of this world, khaenri'ah, and true power. All of it is at the edge of my finger tips.

Don't get in my way, y/n. And don't count on that doctor to help you either. Because he doesn't care. He'll never care. The only reason why he stopped me all that time ago was probably because he felt like it. Nothing else.

Sincerely,
Arthur.

Dottore scanned over the contents quickly. There wasn't a destination that was mentioned, but Dottore did remember where the last "sacrifice" was, and he could bet that Arthur and Laphi would be there.

"D - Dottore."

He glanced at y/n, every bone in his body was telling him to just take her away. He didn't know why this whole thing made him feel uneasy. Arthur wasn't a threat. He was sure of it. So why did he feel like the situation was different this time around?

"I know where they are."

"Really?!"

She had grabbed a hold of his hand that was holding the letter. Her eyes holding a sort of hope within them despite her tears.

It angered him slightly.

He wanted to see all the faces and expressions that she could possibly make because of him. And yet here someone is making her cry instead. Damn.

"W-will you help me?"

She sounded so broken then. His previous thoughts shattering like glass.

"Alright. But don't get in the way. Because if he can't sacrifice Laphi, then he'll most definitely sacrifice you."

She nodded. But she still wanted to do something. And yet .. she knew she couldn't.

Dottore was number two of the fatui harbingers. Literally the second strongest person.

And Arthur ...

Arthur was a whole other level of human being. He wasn't god like, but she knew that he was hiding his strength, and that he was more dangerous than he let on.

"Ready?"

Dottore was the one to snap her back into focus when he adjusted his bag. The same bag that had his personal experiment lying within it. She think it was the .. enhanced human formula or something? She couldn't remember.

"Yeah, I'm ready."

He held out his hand, "then let's go kill that bastard."

She took his outstretched hand, "with pleasure."