nine

"I really must apologize for my earlier actions. I didn't realize that you were a traveller who got injured the woods."

Traveller...?

He took a glance at Y/n who was looking away. It took everything in him not to smirk when he realized that she didn't tell Arthur that he was actually with the fatui.

And Laphi seemed to be on this little secret too. How perfect.

"Yes .. the experience was terrible as well. Imagine having the luck of breaking a damned ankle out in the middle of nowhere," Dottore said with a laugh.

All of them were sitting in the living room making light conversation, getting to know one another too.

It was all so .. fun. Was that even the right word? Dottore didn't know.

"Anyway, I got to go," Laphi said with his usual bright smile, "class is going to start soon."

"Oh, do you want me to walk with you?"

Laphi waved his hands as he stood up from his spot and went over to grab his bag, "no, no! I'll be fine! You all can stay here and continue to talk about old people stuff."

"I'm not old-," y/n started but couldn't finish as Laphi already left.

Sighing, y/n had rolled her eyes and fell back into her spot on the couch (which was right next to Dottore). He really was trying his best to pay attention to the conversation.

"Sir.."

"Hmm," Dottore hummed. Being called 'sir' was definitely weird.

He looked at Arthur. His guard slightly up from the change in the atmosphere.

"About your mask .. is it .. does it belong to the fatui?"

Dottore felt y/n tense up a bit, her hand shaking slightly as she discreetly grabbed his sleeve, tugging at it slightly to give him a slight warning at the topic of the fatui.

"As a matter of fact, it does. But trust me, I'm not with the fatui," Dottore started while touching his mask with his other hand, a smile on his lips, "in reality, since I'm but a lone traveller.. I found that if you dress like the fatui, then they won't attack you. They may talk to you for a few moments, but as long as you don't raise any suspicion, then they won't ask anything. Though, I'm afraid my luck had ran out and a fatui agent was the one who broke my ankle. I did, however, manage to scare them off, and a few hours later Y/n had found me."

"I- I see... my apologies for asking. It's just, my late fiancé was killed by the fatui. So, seeing your mask caused a little .. bout of anger to rise."

"It's quite alright. I don't mind."

"Though, another question.."

"Yes?"

"Why do you continue to wear it? There are no fatui within this village."

"I guess you could say .. it's become more of a dependent thing. In other words, I don't like taking it off."

"Yes, I guess i could understand that," Arthur muttered, "but y/n trusted you enough to take you home. Surely you wouldn't mind taking the mask off for a little while."

Dottore started to get a little annoyed. Can't this guy take a hint?!

"Arthur," y/n started.

He cut her off with a glare and then turned his focus back onto Dottore.

"Just take the mask off."

"Make me."

Leaning forward a little, a small empty vile had slipped from his pocket and dropped to the floor. The glass rolling a little before hitting the leg off the wooden table.

"Oops," Dottore said with a smirk, "let me get that."

He moved to get off the couch with ease, even bending down to grab the empty vile without a single problem.

"Wasn't your ankle supposed to be broken," Arthur asked. His eyes narrowed.

"It was," Dottore said with a wicked smile, "but now it's not."

"What did you say your name was?"

Dottore moved a little away from the couch. His red eyes shining from beneath his mask.

"I believe you already know the answer to that, Arthur," Dottore said with a mocking tone.

Arthur had jumped from his spot, his hand on the hilt of his sword as Dottore got into a fighting position.

Though the moment that Arthur took a step forward, his movements immediately became sluggish and he fell to the floor in a withering heap.

Y/n was also having trouble breathing and keeping her eyes open.

"What- what did you do?!"

"Funny you should ask.. you see," Dottore played with the empty vile in his hands, "this was originally a liquid, but once you open the lid it turns into a sort of .. knockout gas. It's odorless too, so you wouldn't even be able to pick it up once I opened it. Which .. was around the time that Laphi left."

Dottore crouched down in front of Arthur. His hand moving to grab a handful of his hair as he lifted Arthur's head up.

"Damn you .. Dottore."

"Aw~ you really do remember me."

"Why- why come back?"

Dottore had looked over to y/n, who was already fast asleep from the drug.

"Oh, you know. Just here to take what belongs to me and all."

He slammed Arthur's face into the floor, "and to kill you while I'm at it."

"Damn you.. Dottore..."

Arthur's voice trailed off, lifting his head again, Dottore saw that he was finally passed out.

"Now, to kill you here and now, or .. to bury you alive? Decisions, decisions, decisions... what am I to do?"

He looked at Arthur's face again. His annoyance and disgust spiking through the roof.

"Meh, might as well kill you here and now."