thirteen

She woke up with a start. Her body shooting up as her breathing went wild. Her heart going a mole a minute as she tried to calm herself.

That was the first time she had ever dreamt of something like that. She would of thought of what it could mean, but as she tried to think back, the dream was already long gone from her memories.

Only a dull throb replaced it in its wake however. Her hand gently raising to rub at her forehead as she tried to wish the pain away.

And it was then that she realized that she was in a bed. A comfortable one at that. Not to mention that it was bigger than her whole room back at home. It kind of made her jealous.

Pushing that away though, she wondered where she was.

It was a rather large room. It was probably larger than her whole home back at the village. There was a dresser, closest, three separate doors, one door at the front and two at the sides. As for the back of the room ... looking behind her she noticed a large window to the right. Getting out of bed, her bare feet didn't take a liking to the cold floor,, but she ignored it as she went to look out of the large window, and, to her dismay, she was merely greeted with a bolted up windowsill. Though, even if she could open the window the view or the surroundings wouldn't be nice to her. Because outside was a massive snowstorm, and below? A rocky cliff with jagged rocks at the bottom. Yeah .. she wasn't jumping out this window anytime soon, and definitely not in the clothes she was wearing-

Wait .. clothes-

She quickly looked down.

"My- my clothes?!"

She was wearing completely different attire. Granted, it was a nightgown she owned, but she definitely didn't remember changing into it. She hesitated to look underneath it. But gathering her courage, she pulled the collar of the nightgown forward.

She sighed with relief. Her underwear and bra weren't changed. Thank the archons...

Then, the sound of a door knocking caught her attention. She looked to all three doors. Truth be told, she didn't know which one the sound came from-

"This one, y/n."

Dottore.

Looking towards where his voice came from, it was from one of the side doors. Said door was soon to open a second later as Dottore had came in. His footsteps echoing in the rather silent room she had woken up in.

"What do you think?"

"Think of what exactly?"

He jestered to the room before them, "All of the things in here are yours. Well, to be more precise, they were taken from your room back at your village and placed here. Granted, it wasn't like you had much to begin with in that rather small room of yours."

When he took a step towards her, she took a step back. The movement caused him to smile as he took another step forward and she.. as expected moved back. And with every step he took she would respond with the same amount in the opposite direction. That was until her back hit the windowsill and she found herself with nowhere to go. Well, that is if she didn't want to break the glass and jump...

"Why so afraid, y/n?"

He was so close to her now. Her knees were forced to bend when he got closer, she soon found herself sitting on the windowsill. His form hovering over her. Towering over. Ever so intimidating. She .. she never was afraid of a man until now.

"I-," she gathered her thoughts as she felt him grab one of her arms. Forcefully pulling her up and steadying her against himself.

"Where am i?"

"I guess you could call this my lab of sorts. But to be more precise, we're in Snezhnaya."

a/n ;; idk where his actual "lab" is, so just bear with me here

"Snezhnaya?!"

She couldn't stop herself from being awestruck by such a place. She'll admit that the snowy view was enough to give her an idea as to where they were, but she didn't believe it at first. Well .. more like she didn't want to believe it at first.

"Indeed it is."

He brought his gloved hand to her face. His fingers grabbing a hold of her chin. She could feel how strong his grip was on both her face and on her wrist.

But, whatever he was going to say, he decided not to say it as he was soon to let her go. And the moment he did, she found herself falling which caused her to grab a hold of his coat in order to keep herself steady. Her legs feel like they could give at any moment.

Was I that scared of a moment ago?

"The door on the right leads to the bathroom, the door on the left is my room, and the door at the front is a hallway. I'll show you around in due time, but for now..."

He grabbed her hands that were holding on to his coat.

"Best for you to get acquainted to your surroundings. So .. don't leave this room."

He lead her to her bed so she wouldn't fall to the floor, and just as he was about to leave, she managed to ask something that was on her mind.

"And your ankle? You said the elixir was going to wear off soon."

She didn't know why she even bothered to ask.

"That's why I'm leaving you here for a moment," he answered, "I need to go make a new serum. See you in a bit," he called after once he sure she was satisfied with the answer she was given.

And the moment his door closed, she could only find herself smiling a little.

While he fixes his ankle again, I can hopefully find a way out of this place!

Granted, she doubted that it would be that easy.