one

"Annnddd, up we go!"

His arm was thrown over her shoulders as she managed to stand him up. His weight leaning against her as she tried to support him the best she could.

"Let's get you to the cart," she breathed out. She couldn't help but to sound a little stressed. He was heavy after all. She may lug around a large cart every now and again, but she wasn't used to holding something for so long.

"Thank you, I honestly thought I would be stuck out here," he said as the turned a little and fell back into the cart with a small thump. The fatui agent letting his arm fall from her shoulders as he pushed himself back further into the cart so she wouldn't have to.

Wiping a little sweat off her face, she gave him a grin, "no need to thank me sir, I just wanted to help .. though .. if you don't mind me asking.."

He gave a small tilt of his head as she jumped off the cart. Her eyes giving him a curious stare, "I usually thought you fatui traveled in groups of three or four, why are you alone out here anyway?"

"Ah .. about that .., my team and I got done with our scouting of the area, so we decided to go back to base in give our report, but, well, let's just say I wanted to go further into the forest to see if I can find anything interesting. The others didn't come with and I was left alone, and.. along the way, this happened."

She looked off to the side, there was actually a large drop-off from a cliff which was right where he must of fell amd landed. If that was how he broke his foot and why no one else is around, then ..

"Oh, I see! I'm sorry for asking you that, I swear it's not because I don't trust you or anything .. i was just curious as to why you were alone."

"No worries!"

He smiled at her, or, at least, he tried to. Trying to hide a crazed grin and his intentions were kind of difficult at the moment.

"Alrighty then! Let's get you back to my home, and I can treat you there."

"Does your village not have a doctor?"

"We do have one, but we don't have a sort of hospital or anything. The doctor that we have just makes home visits, and if we ever need medicine, then we just go to his home during his work hours. Though, when I would just take you to him instead .. he's not actually in the village at the moment."

"Why is that?"

He already knew why, but asked her anyway. Didn't want to seem too off after all.

"There was this new medicinal research going on in Liyue, and he didn't want to be unprepared and thought it best to go and participate for the sake of the village. In the meantime though, us villagers have to rely on any medicine we can make ourselves or get from the merchants that come every so often."

He hummed a little as she grabbed at the handles of the cart, her breath steadying as she began to pull. What she would do for an anemo vision right about now.

"Must be tough not having a doctor around."

"Not really," she answered, "just means we have to rely on ourselves every so often."

He hummed again, "moving away from the topic of doctors .. does your village have any vision users?"

"Vision users? No way! No one in our village has ever gotten one, not even in the past."

"That so? You don't even have a vision?"

"Nope."

"Even though you come out here all by yourself?"

Oops. He wasn't supposed to let that slip.

"Meh, I don't really need one. I mean, I guess they could be useful to some degree. May make fighting easier and ordinary chores better. But I guess I don't really need to rely on one." Even if life would be easier, she thought the last part.

Good she didn't notice. It would have been a problem if she caught on that I knew that she came out here by herself every so often...

"Anyway! I never got your name, sir! I'm y/n, just in case you were wondering."

He already knew that too.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, y/n. And you can ... you can just call me Dottore."