thirty two

Just as she closed her eyes when he started to lean in, she could feel his breath mix with her own. His body was close to her. Their chests pressing against one another. She could feel him tighten his grip on her hand and how he bent her wrist a little, if she wanted to move away from him, then she could tell her wrist would snap if she even tried. But strangely enough, she didn't feel helpless against him despite the way he was holding her.

His hand traveled back down to her hip. His fingers lightly playing with the fabric of her coat.

"Y/n..."

He moved to lightly press his lips against her ear, "I'm not kissing you in a carriage."

The way she pulled back and gave him a blank stare caused him to break into a fit of laughter.

Letting her go, he watched her fume a little.

"D - Dottore?!"

"What? You seriously want to kiss in a carriage?"

"Well- I mean- no- but!"

The pigment of her ( color ) skin darkened as her face betrayed her with a blush. Her whole body feeling hot and embarrassed as he teased her to no end.

"I just thought...," her voice trailed off a bit. To which he let out a light hum and gently leaned into her, a kiss lightly being placed onto her cheek.

"I love you too, by the way. Though, the love I have for you is probably more than you could actually want."

She, placing a hand against her cheek where he had kissed her, had turned back towards him. A confused look painting her face, "what do you mean?"

She tried to ask her question without a stutter since he had confessed to her so nonchalantly whereas she had trouble with her own words. But, then again, he was always confident with what he wanted and when he wanted it.

"My love .. is like an obsession," he started, "I want you. All of you. Nothing but you. And I won't let you leave me, not even in death. I'll clone you if I have to. I'll erase your memories if I have to. I'll make you see me as the only man you should ever think to be with."

He raised his hand to cup her cheek, his thumb lightly tracing small circles into her skin, "that...is what my love is."

He waited her to say something. Anything. He wouldn't be surprised if she jumped out of the carriage. Who could love a man like him? One who just as insane as he is borderline obsessed?

"Then love me the way that only you can love me."

Dumbfounded.

That was the only expression he could muster.

Honestly, this woman was going to be even more important than his goal some day. Or maybe ... she already was.

"You better not regret those words, y/n."

His tone sounded threatening, but she was ready. She wanted him. Wanted to be with him. Even if she was to die someday, she knew that she would still get to be by his side.

He let out a small relieved sigh when he saw the determined look on her face. Maybe .. maybe he was a little happy to know that she wouldn't reject him. That she accepted who he was and was willing to stay by his side. Honestly, he knew she was perfect the moment he saw all those years ago.

"Well then .. I guess i can let you go back to your village now that I don't have to worry about you running away to only archons knows where- hmph-?!"

He was immediately engulfed into a giant hug. Y/n basically grabbing a strong hold of him and pulling him as she hugged him as tight as she could, "you mean i can see Laphi again?!"

"Hmmp ahdhr amfhej nhp-"

His words came out muffled against her chest. Panicking a little, she pushed a little away from him a little as he looked at her.

"What I was trying to say was ... you can but I am coming with. That is the deal."

"It's a deal then!"

Maybe this was where Dottore's and Y/n's lives truly began. Damn well took long enough, that much was for sure.