eight

"Arthur!"

Y/n and Laphi had both threw their arms around a man who had walked into the home. He has a bright smile on his face, striking features that most women (and some men) would call handsome, and nice straight hair that was pulled back into a small ponytail.

Dottore could only click his tongue in a slight annoyance. His presence still made unaware even though he could be seen clearly on the sofa. But no matter, if Arthur doesn't see him as a threat, then that just makes it easier still.

"Y/n, Laphi! I hope you two have been doing well since I was gone."

Laphi nodded enthusiastically, a bright smile etching across his lips as he jumped up and down a little.

"And guess what, Arthur?! Y/n brought a man home!"

Arthur's smile was quick to turn into a straight line. His face contorting into a deadpanned expression as y/n laughed nervously while detaching herself from the hug.

"It's not what it sounds like-"

Dottore smiled, might as well have fun with this...

"Oh my darling," Dottore exclaimed in a dramatic fashion, "is this Arthur that you have spoken of? Tell me, when shall we tell him of our engagement?"

Y/n had turned to Dottore in a embarrassed fluster. Her mouth opening and closing as she tried to process everything that was happening.

"Y/n..."

"A- Arthur, I swear- him and Laphi are just messing around-"

"No excuses. You have some explaining to do."

Without an escape, y/n was dragged outside. Laphi snickering a little as he came up to Dottore. The two sharing a small high-five at their own little victory.

Their little scheme was created while y/n was making breakfast earlier that morning.

Everything really did go so well.

meanwhile •

"He should be back by now.."

"Don't rush him. You'll know what would happen if you do."

"Tch, well .. he's taking too long."

"Who knows," someone piped up, "the girl may be proving more trouble than originally thought."

There was a brief silence.

"Nah," they all chimed in.