twenty seven

To "test" things out,

he pulled her close when they got into the carriage. Even made sure there was no space in between them. He watched her closely when he did so.

She didn't flinch away or try push him off of her either.

In fact, if felt as if she leaned into him a bit more.

Gazing at her for a moment, he placed his arm around her shoulder, his hand lightly touching her arm.

No reaction.

He moved hand to her elbow. His arm sliding down too. That way she was more leaning into his chest rather than the seat cushion.

She held no distaste for the action.

He finally moved his hand to settle against her hip. His hand having moved underneath her coat to feel the thin fabric of her shirt in his gloved hand.

He tilted his head to get a better look at her face. Her ( color ) skin was a bit flushed. She seemed nervous. But it wasn't out of fear or out of hatred.

I wonder...

Before he could move his hand again, the carriage had stopped and the driver had knocked on the little window at the front to get Dottore's attention, "uhm .. sir?"

He was quick to take his hand away from y/n, and instead moving his arm to rest around her shoulders.

"What is it? I swear, if you're stopping because you saw something I will kill you-"

"No, no. It's just... a harbinger is waiting by the roadside."

"...who is it?"

"Scaramouche."

"Run him over."

"Wha-?"

"Run him over!"

Before the driver could make the horses go, the carriage door was already slammed open.

Great, y/n thought, it's the little shit.

"Run me over, huh?"

Dottore shrugged as Scaramouche got into the carriage. His eyes immediately scrutinizing the two in slight disgust, "you two sure have gotten close."

"Yes, it's quite nice having someone who won't betray me," Dottore answered truthfully. A little smirk displaying across his lips.

"You damn-"

Y/n coughed a little to stop the fight that was bound to happen. A light blush coating her cheeks as she smiled at the one harbinger she disliked most of all.

"If I may ask, why were you out in the snow?"

Scaramouche turned his glare onto her. His eyes holding a small hatred within them. She honestly didn't know what she did wrong in the first place.

"It's because," he stopped himself for a moment, "it's none of your business."

He turned to the small window that led to the driver, "let me off in a few miles!"

"O- of course!"

Poor carriage driver...

And once Scaramouche turned back to the two, he analyzed them again. His eyes growing weary of the two, "so what? You two in love or something? That's pretty fucked up considering she was kidnapped and everything."

Ah yes. Being kidnapped.

And love.

The two things that both were struggling to understand. Among other things.

Dottore was obsessed.

Y/n was stressed.

Both wanted something, but didn't know how to obtain it or how to cope with the fact that they wanted something that wasn't supposed to happen in the first place.

Scaramouche all the while, watched the two who were in deep thought. Despite it being a odd situation between the two, it was still obvious to him that they had some sort of feelings towards one another. And well .. maybe a small part of himself thinks that he shouldn't comment on it anymore because having a bond as such as that .. he closed his eyes and then reopened them when he went to look out the window.

And as time went by and the carriage came to a stop by a small village, Scaramouche finally made his exit. Though when he looked back at the two, he felt a need to say something snarky.

He didn't want to give them a wrong idea. He also didn't want them to think he actually cared about their personal lives either. In the end, he merely laughed to himself before leaving them be.

Both y/n and Dottore glanced at one another. Both perturbed and lost in thought over the encounter with the small harbinger.

"I ... I changed my mind. Let's go back home," she finally said.

"Gladly," he responded right back.

Both had a lot of thinking to do.