sixteen

The trip there was a rather quick one, but only because she ended up falling asleep against Dottore's shoulder. She admits, begrudgingly so, that she actually enjoyed the warmth his body emitted and that she was quite comfortable in that position. But she reminded herself just how dangerous this man was and that she had to get home. No matter what. But for now...

"Come along, y/n."

She had to play along.

And that she was in a place that was probably a tad bit more safer than Dottore's lab. Granted, she highly doubted that the other harbingers would bother to help her. Mainly because Dottore, when they had exited the carriage at the front gates to the Tsaritsa's castle, had told her that he was the second out of the eleven harbingers which meant that he was stronger than almost all of them.

To which he also warned her that no matter who she turned to, no one would be able to help her.

But that was alright.

She didn't expect their help to begin with.

"Wait here. If you run, then you know what I'll do to you."

The two had stopped in front of a huge set of double doors. She couldn't help but to look around the vast hallway they were in.

"Y/n."

He grabbed a hold of her chin and turned her head to look at him as to make her focus only on him.

"Did you hear me?"

"Y-yes, don't worry. I won't run away..."

She really wanted to though. Mainly because this place wasn't built like a death trap and she knew where the exit was.

"Good," he patted her cheek, "then stay."

Once he turned to leave and disappeared behind the doors. She was left standing alone in the hall. It felt awkward for sure. Especially since she had nothing to do.

"Well .. at least I won't have to meet them all face-to-face.."

"Meet who face-to-face?"

She jumped away, fear striking across her face, and when she turned to look who had startled her, she was greeted with a sight of a man with ginger hair.

His head was tilted to the side and his smile was a little off to her.

Was he a harbinger too?

"Oh- ugh"

Do the other harbingers even know about her? How was she supposed to greet herself? Then again, if this guy thought she was trespassing, then maybe he would let her outside? That .. or he would kill her on the spott ..

As the man looked at her, a sort of realization struck him. That's right, he thought, Dottore was going to be here, which means ...

"Ah, I see. You must be y/n then. You can just call me Childe. I'm the eleventh of the Fatui Harbingers."

She nodded as he gave her a small wave before also walking past her and disappearing behind the doors. A sigh of relief escaping her as she leaned back against the wall for support.

He may have seemed friendly, but she knew better than to actually trust a harbinger.

"Who are you?"

Again?!

Turning her head once more, she looked down only to see a boy who was shorter than her.

What a weird looking hat-

"If you don't answer me right now, then you'll be nothing but a blood splatter on the floor."

Standing up straight as quickly as possible she decided not to say her name but instead the person who brought her, "Dottore! Dottore brought me here!"

The boy took a moment to process her words before bursting out into a laughter. His eyes giving her a scrutinizing gaze as he couldn't believe what he was seeing, "I guess you really are quite stupid! To trust someone of the fatui!"

He walked away from her as he continued to laugh. Her face blank and emotionless as she couldn't fathom as to why he was laughing at her demise.

What a little shit-