thirty four

"What to say.. what to say.. what to say," y/n was muttering to herself as both her and Dottore walked up an all too familiar hill. Between the trees one could see the outline of a small village.

After their nights rest, it only took them another week to get to y/n's village, and during that time she was unable to think of a good explanation to tell her brother.

'Yes, Laphi! I fell in love with a insane man who was the same one who kidnapped me and buried Arthur alive!'

Truth be told, she highly doubted that Laphi even knew that that third gravestone was Arthur's...

"Still having trouble there, y/n," Dottore teased as he walked behind her.

"Yes," she whined a little. A pout forming on her lips, "Laphi is very important to me. He's the only family I have left, and I don't want him to hate me...," she trailed off at the end.

Dottore noticed just how stressed she was over this. But he honestly didn't see anything wrong with their current situation. I mean, come on. How hard was it going to be explaining it to the little brat anyway?

"You worry too much," Dottore finally said, "I highly doubt he would hate you."

"You killed the doctor of the village."

"And who said we need to tell Laphi that?"

Y/n sighed as the two got to the top of the hill. Y/n, gathering the small courage she had, carefully eyed the front door to her home. Her teeth gently biting the inside of her cheek.

"Here goes nothing," she mumbled, walking up to the door. It was already starting to get late in the evening, so she knew her brother would be home by now. Has he been lonely? Did he miss me? Is he even in the house?

Dottore, all the while, inspected their surroundings until his eyes landing on the graves.

"...Shit."

Only two gravestones stood under the shade of the tree. The third one was long gone. Not even a hole remained.

"Knew I should of killed him on the spot," he said, "or better yet... used him for one of my experiments."

He turned to look at y/n, but she had already disappeared in the house. Though, before he could go in along with her, she was already stumbling out, a note in hand.

"D - Dottore..."

He could already guess what was written on it.