twenty three

"A- anyway," she stuttered a little, "what are you working on?"

She hoped a blush wasn't coating her ( color ) skin, but her face did feel unusually hot.

Dottore, still highly amused, reached out to grab her. Her eyes widening as she was pulled into his lap and his chair spinning around so that they were facing his desk.

"Why don't I just show you?"

She was sitting up straight. Her back not even daring to touch his chest. Now her face felt even hotter than before. But before he went explaining as to what he was doing he had grabbed a firm hold of her hips, then moved her to where she was sitting in between his legs. One of his hands then gently moving to her stomach and pushing her back a little, that she was leaning into him instead of sitting up as straight as a board.

"Why so tense, y/n? I'm only showing you my notes is all."

The light teasing in his voice was greatly apparent.

"I- I'm not tense!"

Lies!

What was even happening right now!? Wasn't she supposed to be kidnapped and scared of this man?!

Think of what he did to Alexei, damnit!

Smirking a bit, he laid his chin onto her shoulder and pushed the chair up a bit. Her breasts uncomfortably pushing against the edge of the table.

a/n ;; wish i was flat , but nah.

Then, letting her go a bit, his hands moved to his notes, easily plucking up a few papers to show her.

"In a shorter sense," he started, "I'm working on a very special liquid. My initial idea was to create some sort of super human with the liquid. Something that would allow someone who drinks it be able to be on par with an archon. Or, in a better term, be able to use elemental energy without the use of a vision."

Dottore lightly thought back to the mentions of a certain blonde traveler as of late in Mondstadt. And since it is rumored that the traveler will be going to Liyue, Dottore did somewhat hope that Childe would give him more information on the them since Childe is the one tasked to retrieve the gnosis of the geo archon.

"You want someone to rival the archons?"

"Yes, just think about it for a moment. What need do we have for Celestia anyway? The visions exist, yes. But why gain power from someone else when you can just create it yourself?"

She glanced over the notes he was showing as he talked about making people equal to the gods. But even though this is what he wanted to do, it was also quite clear to her that he didn't care much about human life.

And what about her life?

Would she one day end up like Mr. Alexei?

Nothing more than some experiment being strapped down to an operation table. Eventually begging for death.

She moved in her spot in his lap. The sudden movement causing him to immediately stop talking and look at her. At first he thought she was trying to get back at him from earlier, but when he studied her face for a moment and the expression she held.. he knew she had something entirely different on her mind.

"Enhancements. Dottore .. will I become another one of your experiments some day? Will you go look for my brother and use him too?"

She wanted to ask more. Know more. But this would have to suffice for now.

Setting his papers down, he leaned back in his chair to get a good look at her. He could tell that she was trying to read and guess what he was thinking and .. even though he admits that he is quite insane, he knew she wouldn't be able to tell what he was thinking in that moment.

"Do you want to be one of my experiments?"

He saw how she looked over to where her village's doctor once was. A sort of pain and sadness striking within her.

"No.."

He smiled, "then you won't be, and... neither will your brother," he muttered the last part.