seventeen

Now sitting on the floor, y/n patiently waited for the harbinger meeting to end. Besides Childe and the little shit that laughed at her, she got to meet a few of the other harbingers as well.

There was Arlecchino who gave her a glare and a small hint of advice of "don't be so stupid next time."

There was a very pretty girl named Columbina who patted her head and told her that Dottore wouldn't do anything to her.

Then there was a very intimidating man dressed in all black. A mask covering his face. He was silent at first, but before entering the meeting he had turned to her for a brief moment, "Dottore will let his guard down if you say what he wants to hear. Just listen closely to his beliefs and ideas and you'll know what to say."

His name was Capitano, and before she could question what he meant by that, he had already disappeared behind the doors.

All and all, she wholeheartedly believed that what Capitano said will be the only kind of help that she would get from the harbingers.

Not that she minded.

If what Capitano said was true, then all I have to do is agree with Dottore on his beliefs.

Now, I'm not smart enough on all of the science stuff, so what beliefs could Capitano be talking about?

She thought for a moment and tried to think back on all the conversations she had had with Dottore, but nothing came to mind.

Then, after a good hour of thinking to herself, the doors slammed open. Dottore walking out in a haste. He doesn't look happy-

"Up. Now."

She was quick to stand. His hand grabbing hers as he pulled her long before any of the other harbingers could leave the room.

"Each and every single one of them..," he started to mutter.

Did the meeting go that bad?

Should I ask?

She thought back to what Capitano had said. If I show him some compassion and understanding...maybe then he'll let his guard down a little.

Once outside, the carriage was already waiting for us. The door being hastily opened as the fatui agent who was manning it, tried not to even look at the doctor.

"Get in."

Quickly jumping into the carriage. Y/n didn't dare to sit away from him, and instead took to the spot that she was previously in when they first arrived here. Dottore got in after her. And once he sat down and stared out the window. She decided to ask him of his troubles once the carriage started moving.

"D-," she calmed herself so she wouldn't stutter, "Dottore?"

"What."

"Did something ... happen in the meeting?"

He sighed then as he turned to look at her, "truthfully the meeting was fine. It was what we talked about after the meeting that angered me."

She waited for him to continue.

"Visions. Archons. Celestia. Each of these things, are unneeded in the world, and yet people believe that we need visions in order to be more, to do more, to be worth more," he clicked his tongue, "if people actually tried to be greater than what they actually are than we wouldn't need the archons and their blessings. Not that they or celestia cared much to begin with. Do one wrong thing that they don't agree with and they suddenly want to destroy your whole bloodline."

Realization hit her.

This was what Capitano was talking about.

Dottore's beliefs.

His hate for visions, the archons, and Celestia.

"To be honest," she started, his gaze fixated onto her when she began to speak, "I am not well versed with the archons and visions, or even Celestia for that matter. I'll admit, at times I did think of how visions could be useful, but I'm also content with not having one," she laughed a little at the thought, "to me, which I never really told anyone before, having a vision is more like a curse to me. I mean, when being given a vision .. what exactly are we losing in return? Because I highly doubt that something like a vision comes for free, right? But anyway, I do understand your hate for visions, for the archons, and for Celestia. Because if they truly did care. Maybe the world wouldn't be so bad-"

She was cut off when he had fully turned to her, his hands holding onto her own.

"And that's another reason why I like you so much, y/n! You- you understand. Which is why I think it's about time I showed you those notes from before. Granted, some of the things I jotted down might be a surprise to you. But it'll all be worth the read."

She hoped that he was starting to let his guard down.

If only a little.