[27]

Dean drives us at a hotel and parks the car. He looks at me.

"What?" I ask.

"Do you have money to pay for the room? I'm broke. Just as Sam is" Dean tells me.

"Yeah. I got paid".

"Nice".

"Let's go".

We all walk inside and we go straight to the reception of the hotel. A man is standing there and he looks tired. It's late at night anyway.

"Hello" I say.

"Hello, ma'am and sirs. How can I help?" he stares at our faces. After all we still have the blood on our faces.

"A room for three".

"Unfortunately we have only one room that is for one person. All the other rooms are being used at the moment".

"We will take that".

"Alright".

I pay over it with my card and he hands me the key of the room. Then we all walk upstairs and go to the room. When we open the door and see that there is only one bed and two sofas, we all sigh in relief. We close the door behind us and leave our stuff on the floor. I sit on one of the sofas and throw my head back. Dean takes the other sofa and Sam stares at us.

"Don't you want the bed?" Sam asks us.

"Nah you take it" I say as I look at him.

"Dean?".

"Nope" Dean answers. "I just want to take a shower" he stands up and enters the bathroom. Sam sits at the bed and looks at me.

"Yn?".

"Yes".

"How are you feeling?".

"According to what?".

"Dad".

"What do you think?" he doesn't answer. "Forget it, Sam. John made his choices. I'm going with those".

"That's not always the best choice".

"That's the choice so nothing worse happens".

"What do you mean?".

"He ignored me before. Did you notice that?".

"When?".

"Before he enters his car. He said be careful, boys or take care, boys. He didn't mention me. Or I'm a boy and I don't know that".

"He was always seeing you as a boy".

"But I'm not. Not fully. Not in gender".

"I don't know, Yn" I let out a sigh.

"But at least you two talked and sorted some things out".

"Yeah".

"I'm glad you did".

"You are?".

"Mhm. You shouldn't be angry with him. He wants what's best for you".

"But you don't believe that for yourself".

"He and I have our moments. Not much. Just some".

"I can't understand" I shake my head.

"Don't even try. It's not worth it".

"Can I ask you a question?".

"Go ahead".

"Do you have any good memories with dad?".