54. "Bestfriend"

Adaa was all ready to go to the Dixit's today.

It was 6.30 currently and the resort was approximately at a distance of one hour few minutes from their home.

She was wearing the golden and red saree which Isha di gave her. It was a themed reception party of Mr. Raj Dixit's only son, Parv Dixit. The theme was golden.

Raj Dixit and Vasant Goyal were good friends. They had been business mates too since last sixteen years. So the families were close.

And due to Vasant's trip to Uttarakhand, someone else had to go attend the reception on his behalf.

So in order to reduce and end the clashes between the youngest couple, Vedant suggested to let them go. He and Isha were all ready with a plan to make them sort their issue out.

Now only the support of God was needed, rest all have been planned already.

"Adaa...kitna time lagega taiyaar ho-

Isha stood stopped in her tracks when she saw her little sister looking absolutely ethereal in the gorgeous golden saree with red embroidered work on it.

She was looking majestic.

"Hayee meri ladoo. Nazar na Lage kisi ki." Isha said so and took the nazar from her head, later marking a nazar ka teeka behind her left ear.

"Di. What's with the nickname? Ladoo?" Adaa asked irritated.

If anything she didn't like was this nickname. It reminded her of her school time bully.

"Arrey it's a cute nickname na." Isha tried to negotiate. She very well knew where taking this nickname would take them to.

"No it's not. If anything it's a cruel useless name." She replied with greeted teeths. And Isha gasped.

"Hawww. Isme cruel kya hai?" She asked innocently.

But right now she wasn't innocent.

"Aap aise bol rahe ho jaise aapko pata hi nahi. Manik bulata tha mujhe ladoo. Aur fir pareshan karta tha." She rolled her eyes at reminding her school time bully.

Who used to be her best friend till grade 5. But then something happened and he ended up being her bully till grade 10. After that for some reasons he had left the school.

Adaa don't know where he is or where he had been all these years. And she couldn't be more glad.

"Okay okay. I should stay quite now. Tu apna mood na bigaad." Isha said with a nervous smile.

Just talking about him and her mood was sour.

Almost all guys in my life have been devils so far. She thought and as if just on cue Nishad appeared inside the room.

As soon as he looked at Adaa his breathing stopped for a second. He was lost in starring at her.

Looking at his reaction, Isha knew it's her time to leave.

But not before commenting.

"Devar ji. Zara sambhal ke haa. Ise abhi party main bhi Jana hai na. Lipstick wagerah kharab na karna." She winked and left them alone in the end.

Alone as a blushing Nishad and a furious Adaa.

"Let's go since you're ready now." She said taking in his appearance and left the room.

Nishad didn't knew why but since the incidence in the hospital she had been cold to him. He tried everything to mend their this colden relationship, but all in vein.

And now this party thing.

Bhagwaan bachai aaj rat mujhe.

~•~•~•~•~

They were almost outside the party gall now. The Dixit's are one of the most influential families of the town. The reception party is held at the best resort, the same one where the Goyal's youngest couple(s) got married.

Coming here brought back all the nostalgia to Adaa and Nishad.

They looked at each other and made their way in.

All the way, they kept glancing at each other here and their. Both of them were looking gorgeous but their ego wasn't letting them compliment each other.

Their car ride all way along was quite.

"Hello Mr. Goyal. How are you." Mr Raj Dixit greeted Nishad with a hug. He was told prior that Nishad and his wife were going to attend the wedding.

"You must be Adaa right. Nice to meet you too dear." Saying this he hand-shacked with her. After that, his wife Meenal took her with them towards the elite ladies group, while Nishad was pulled by Raj upwards the bragger mans group.

That's what Adaa called the groups.

The ladies group had boring gossips and high class stories to tell. While the man's group only bragged about their achievements & wealth

Boring things to do at a party.

"Hey. It's ...Adaa? You, here?" Adaa heard a voice behind her. Unable to catch who it was she turned back to look at a man who looked the same age as her.

With heavy beard, broad frame and a well built body he looked....handsome.

But Adaa was certainly feeling restless around him.

As if she knew him. And if she knew he was evil. Something like that..
She wasn't sure herself.

"Umm hey? Do I know you?" She asked with an awkward smile.

"You don't remember me?" The man feigned hurt.

"Umm..is it a bad thing that I don't?" She said and looked here and there trying to find Nishad.

And just as the man was about to say something, Nishad appeared from behind him.

"Hey Manik! How're you bro!" Saying this he bro hugged to the man, which now Adaa knows, is named Manik.

No it can't be him. He looks...different.

But he just said you guys know each other.

But.. Adaa was lost in the debate of her concious thoughts.

Just then Nishad called her out of her inner turmoil.

"Manik, meet Adaa. My wife.

Adaa, this is Manik Bansal. My best friend." He said with a broad smile and Adaa freezed for a minute.

What the fook he is the same Manik!!

~•~•~•~•~

BOOM!
Entry of a new devil...
Yay!!

🤡
Bollywood or Hollywood?