34. Closer

Adaa's POV

As Mr. "I am the best" asked me, no wait. He ORDERED me to get the tomatoes, I don't know why I gave in him. As I bought the tomatoes from the refrigerator and washed them to cut them, I saw him settling some pasta in a boiling bowl.

"So we are making pasta?" I asked him pointedly.

"Got some problem with that?" He cross questioned me with a raised bro.

This stupid idiotic creature!

"Can't you speak like a normal human for once?" I retorted back. Who does he think he is?

"No. I can't." He smiled at me.

He surely knows how to tease me. Whatever, I'll just ignore him.

After being done with the tomatoes, he asked me to get some green chilli, capsicum, carrot, corn, onion, coriander as well and wash them.

Couldn't he have told me once? But no! He wouldn't. Afterall he just wants to irritate me.

So I quitly decided to ignore him making my way towards the fridge and back. After washing the veggies I started to cut them down. I saw him from my peripheral vision only to encounter him standing near the kitchen platform.

He was staring at me.

"What are you staring at?" I asked him pointing the knife towards him.

"What are you staring at?" He repeated me.

"Shut up and answer." I again questioned.

"Shut up and answer." Came his reply.

This dude is going to die from my bare hands soon.

"You freaking-"
"You can't curse here." He said to me blankly. And I just looked his way dumbfounded.

Why can't I swear here?

Kitchen main gaali dena paap hai kya? Mujhe jab Lage jaha Lage main gaali de sakti hu. Ye hota kon hai mujhe rokne wala!

But before I could vocalise my thoughts, he answered my unasked question.

"Because humare ghar gaali dena mana hai. Is haveli ke andar nahi de sakti. Bhale bahar kuch bhi, kisi se bhi kah lo tum." He said and starred back at the boiling pasta.

Oh. So that's the reason. Fine than.

I carried on chopping the veggies. I was on my last onion to cut, after all other veggies, when my finger came in between the chopping board and the knife.

"OUCH!" I screamed and Nishad came running from across the counter.

"Tum paagal ho? Sabji katni bhi nahi aati humne? Ungli kaat Li apni." He started scolding me and took me towards the sink to rinse the blood.

I was hurting already, and he scolded at me. Freaking amazing. But then again he wasn't wrong. Mistake was mine as well. So I stayed quite without replying him.

"Either pay attention to the work you're doing or don't do the work at all." He said with authority. And I just nodded my head, about to go to my room. At this moment I wanted nothing but to lay down on my bed and hear some music.

But then, I felt a tug at my wrist.

And Nishad pulled me towards him. He then picked me up and sat me on the kitchen counter. His hands were holding on my waist and he was standing between my legs.

I was looking shocked. I just know I was. And he, looking absolutely normal.

"You can't run from me." He says. More like whispers.

That was hot!

Holy moly what am I thinking.

I visibly shrugged my thoughts and he raised his brow in questioning.

"Nothing." I said quietly.

It's weird how quite I am today near him, when usually I am a lioness.

I am a lioness. I AM A LIONESS.

"What the hell are you doing? Just put me on the floor and leave me. You little idiot." I was back in my raging self. He was filling me up with anger and had an audesity to laugh?

He was laughing at me?

"I never knew I would miss your this arrogant & spoilt brat kind of attitude EVER. But I eventually did missed it today." And he continued to laugh.

And damn me. Didn't he looked so heavenly while laughing?

~•~•~•~•~•~
I find it hot when men whisper. Do you too?