Welcome to Argus

"But I wasn't... I went into hiding soon after."

The now elderly Maria finished her story to Team RWBEY, Qrow Branwen, and Oscar Pine, who all had wide-eyed expressions.

"I can't believe it." Qrow was the first to speak, still astounded. "You... You're the Grimm Reaper, you were a legend! And then you disappeared..."

"How exactly does a legend just disappear?" Oscar asked.

"You never used your name, never showed your face. Lots of us thought you were just layin' low. Eventually, we just came to accept that you were probably dead. But the stories about you, I based my weapon off of yours. I wanted to be as good as the Grimm Reaper."

"Well, I'm nothing but a disappointment, so you're well on your way."

"How can you say that?"

"Child, a Huntress is supposed to protect others to the bitter end. But after I lost my eyes, I only ever looked after myself. Even after my surgery, I was too afraid to fight. Afraid someone would find me again, finish what the others started. You shouldn't aspire to be like me, especially when some of you are clearly stronger already."

Upon hearing this, Yang looked down sadly.

"What about Persephone?" Blake asked.

"She is the one who guided me and helped with the making of these new eyes. I stayed with her for a long time before I left. Persephone, or as I knew her, Charis, was a great warrior. She was constantly underestimated because of her lineage but that's what made her so dangerous. She knew when to play dumb, act helpless, pretend she wasn't even more powerful than I had been back then. But she retired when she turned 30. She went back home permanently and when she had her only child she gave me the title as godmother. I haven't seen either of them since her daughter was 4."

"Is Eclipse her daughter?" Ruby gasped.

Eclipse stared at her for a moment. "I'm barely 19. I haven't even been alive for 20 years, Ruby, let alone 40!"

"It was just a question..."

"She is not Charis' daughter. However she is a splitting image of her back when she was a teenager. I wonder, is your weapon similar?"

"My weapon is probably in pieces somewhere in Beacon. It transformed from twin guns, swords, a double edged sword, and a baton. It was called Queen's Cavalry."

"It sounds really cool." Oscar told her.

"Ah. Charis' weapon was a double edged sword that could detach into two swords. She called it 'Royal Blood'." Maria smiled. "It's... comforting, seeing that your generation seems up to the task of inheriting this world. I'm just sorry I didn't do more to leave it in better shape."

"Well, maybe you can do something now. Teach me to use my powers the way you did."

As Maria looked back at Ruby, a Scroll's ringtone went off. Ruby pulled her Scroll out and gasped in excitement.

"It's !"

Yang stopped her bike, looking back in surprise.

"Huh?"

"How?" Weiss asked.

Ruby ignored them and answered the call. "Uh, hello?"

"Ruby! Oh, thank you! I've been checking my Scroll for your signal since we made it to the city!"

"The city? Wait..."

Ruby looked to her Scroll, her contact name for Jaune being "Vomit Boy". She looked at the little signal symbol under Jaune's portrait, watching it get better as she pointed her Scroll toward the road ahead. The group could see a hill where the snow ended. Yang proceeded forward to drive them up the hill. At the top of the hill, the group saw a walled city in the distance along the ocean.