No Safe Haven

Ruby's letter is in bold k?
_____________________
Ruby walked into the double bed accommodation. It had barren furnishings: two beds, a large desk and a nightstand. Qrow slept under the blankets of one of the beds. Ruby set the collapsed Crescent Rose on the empty bed and walked over to Qrow, putting her hand on his head.

She walked over and sat at the desk, picking up the pen and writing on the notepad.

'Hey sis, I hope my letters have been reaching you guys. Hand-written stuff's never been super reliable, but I guess it's all we've got these days. Anyway, in case you haven't been getting them, I want to say I'm sorry for leaving the way I did. I know you told me it was a reckless idea, and after everything I've been through, I can definitely say you were right. It's been hard, on all of us, and I'm not just talking about the monsters we fought out here.'

An Atlesian pilot counted Lien.

"Okay, you can hide out back in the cargo hold. I'll take you as far as I can, but if we get caught, you're on your own. Understand?"

Weiss nodded affirmatively and began walking forward.

'Every step we made took us further and further from the things we knew. And every morning we woke up wondering, if just over the next hill would be something good or something terrible.'

The Airship took off, and the scene changed to Blake in Ghira Belladonna's office. She placed a small chest on the desk and opened it. Inside were various objects, including a flag with the new White Fang emblem, a spiral notebook and a book.

'It's scary not knowing what's going to happen next. And the things we do know now—just how bad it can get—it almost makes it all worse.'

Yang and Eclipse stood on the same ship Blake took to Menagerie. Yang was looking at a ticket and a photograph of Team STRQ as Eclipse stared out at the sea with their bikes nearby.

'You told me once that bad things just happen. You were angry when you said it, and I didn't want to listen.'

Tai stared at a framed photo of Team STRQ.

'But you were right, bad things do happen, all the time, every day. Which is why I'm out here, to do whatever I can, wherever I can, and hopefully do some good.'

Zwei barked at Tai, and he smiled, looking across the room at a framed photo of Team RWBEY. On the photo, "New Friends!!!" was written with a heart shape drawn near the writing.

'We've all lost something, and I've seen what loss can do to people. But if we gave up every time we lost, then we'd never be able to move forward. We'd never have a chance to see what beautiful things the future might have waiting for us. We'd never have the strength to change; whether it's ourselves, or the world around us.'

Weiss, sitting on top of her suitcase in the airship's cargo hold, gazed out into the sunset and smiled as the airship flew over the Atlesian mountains.

In Menagerie, Blake put down the current White Fang flag and picked up the old white and blue flag. She lowered it and smiled at Sun, who was sitting in a chair with his arms behind his head in a relaxed position.

'And we'd never be there for other people who might one day be lost without us. This is what we were training for, Yang, to become Huntresses, to be the ones to stand up and do something about all the bad in the world.'

The Captain and First Mate smiled and waved goodbye as Yang and Eclipse drove away from the port, headed toward Mistral.

Elsewhere, a small farm boy sat in the dining car of the train as it crossed a bridge surrounded by mountains and water. He was staring at a poster advertising Haven Academy. The poster showed two figures: a female with an axe and a male with a rifle. The poster read: "HAVEN ACADEMY: BE A HERO".

"Approaching, City of Mistral."

'Because there are plenty of people out there who are still lost and even more who will try to gain everything they can from their sorrow. Believe me when I say, I know it can feel impossible, like every single day is a struggle against some unstoppable monster we can never hope to beat. But we have to try, if not for us, then for the people we've already—'

Ruby stopped and crossed out the last few words as she altered her statement.

'Then for the people we haven't lost yet.'

As Ruby finished writing, two tears fell on the page.

'I miss you all so much. I miss Weiss and Blake too. But I think you'd all be proud to know that I made it to Mistral. All of us did, and we even ran into Uncle Qrow along the way.'

Qrow pushed himself over with one arm and grunted while propping up his head with the other hand. Ruby stopped writing to check on him.

"Hey, aren't I normally the one saving you?"

Ruby wiped tears from her right eye and smiled down at Qrow.

'He's going to take us to see Professor Lionheart, the Headmaster of Haven Academy. And he told us some things that you're gonna wanna hear, things I can't trust will make it to you in this letter. But maybe, if you join us, he could tell you himself. With Beacon gone they'll need Dad at Signal more than ever, and I know you need to focus on yourself before I can expect you to come out with me. But it sure would be great to get Team RWBEY back together again.'

Yang was riding down a path on Bumblebee, before coming to a stop at a crossroads and looking at a sign post. The signpost pointed right for Mistral and left for Kuroyuri, and the sign for Kuroyuri had "BANDITS" spray painted across it in big, red letters.

"You are in so much trouble when I find you."

Eclipse came to a stop next to her.

"Ruby or her?"

Yang simply smirked and turned left prompting Eclipse to do the same.

'Until next time, your loving sister, Ruby Rose.'

'Oh! Uh, PS. I'll be sure to give you the address of where we're staying in Mistral! I'd love to hear back from you guys, and I can't wait to fill you in on whatever's going to happen next! Now that we've made it across Anima I really think things are gonna start going our way.'

Qrow sat at a bar sometime later, fully healed from his wound.

"This shit really is nothing compared to Eclipse's liquor," he muttered before downing it.

A small boy approached him from behind.

"Excuse me?" he asked meekly.

Qrow turned around to face him.

"You know, I don't think they allow kids in here, pipsqueak."

The boy looked at his left arm as it moved. "Shut up, I'm getting there."

Qrow gave him a questioning look.

'Did this kid have something?'

"Um, I'm supposed to tell you, I'd like my cane back?"

Qrow's eyes widened for a moment in surprise before he quickly got over it.

"It's good to see you again, Oz."

The red eyed man withdrew Ozpin's Cane in its compact mode and tossed it to the small boy, who pressed a button on the hilt, extending the baton. He grasped the baton with the other hand, surprised, before looking at Qrow with a determined face.