Round One Pt. 2

"I'll have a bowl of the regular, please." Yang requested and quickly a large bowl of noodles slid in front of her.

Ruby stared at Yang's meal. "Oohhh... I'll take the same." A large bowl of noodles slid in front of her, as she clasped her hands in excitement.

"Do you have anything with a low-salt ...?" Weiss asked, concerned before a large bowl of regular noodles instantly slid in front of her instead. "Um... okay..."

Instead of saying anything, Blake merely gave a nod and smile to the Shopkeep, who returned the gesture as he rushed through one door of his shop and came out the other to leave a large bowl of noodles topped with fish in front of her. Blake's eyes lit up as she drooled over her order.

While Weiss looked strangely at her teammate, she gladly offered her credit card to the Shopkeep.

"Aw, Weiss! What's the occasion!?" Yang asked.

"I'm just feeling generous." Her joy was ruined when the card was flung back at her, and the annoyed Shopkeep pointed to his register as it beeped "DECLINED". "What?! How can my card be declined? I was barely into my monthly allowance!"

"Are you sure?" Eclipse asked, leaning her head on her fist. "We spent quite a bit of money at the bookstore."

"Maybe you and Blake did but that wasn't nearly enough to get my card declined!"

Blake looked around panicked, she attempted to slowly slide her bowl closer to herself before the Shopkeep disappeared with her food, causing the poor girl to slump over in defeat. "Nooo!!"

"Here." Eclipse took out her card and handed it to Shopkeep. "I'll pay."

"Are you sure?" Ruby asked.

"Yeah I'm not hungry and I earned a lot of money as a bartender over the summer."

"Yes!" Blake cheered as her food was placed in front of her again.

"How are you not hungry?"

"I dunno, I just don't work up an appetite that easily." Eclipse shrugged nonchalantly. "I've been like this for as long as i can remember."

"So since yesterday?" Yang joked, almost getting kicked off her stool.

"No since I was four." Eclipse rolled her eyes.

"I was hoping I could help but it seems you've all got this sorted out." The girls of RWBEY look up to see Team JNPR approach the stand.

"Pyrrha!"

"Mind if we join you?" Jaune asked them.

Later on, the bowls were empty, and each student was either content with their meal or holding their stomachs sickly or ,in Eclipse's, case texting.

"Are you sure it's wise to have eaten before a fight?" Ren asked Pyrrha.

"Of course! It will give us energy!" Pyrrha said as the Shopkeep quickly gathered the bowls and vanished.

Nora simply gave a hearty belch.

"Charming," Eclipse muttered sarcastically.

Jaune splayed himself over the counter, sickly saying: "If I barf, I'm blaming you."

"Ooh!" Nora grinned evilly. "Aim at the enemy!"

"Nora, that's disgusting. But if you feel the urge ..."

"Got it..."

"Well, we should be off." Pyrrha stood from her stool.

"So, you think you guys are ready?" Ruby asked.

"Of course! We've got a world-renowned fighter on our team, one's basically ninja, I can bench five of me, Jaune, we trained all year, our weapons are awesome, Glynda barely yells at us anymore, and uh... Jaune!"

"Are you gonna take that?" Ren asked Jaune.

"She's not wrong." The blond replied.

"I'm kidding, he knows I'm kidding." Nora began talking quickly, the color slowly draining away as she got more worried. "Don't be so nervous! The worst that can happen is we lose, that is just a few more years of walking around school with everyone knowing we're failures, our friends will slowly abandon us to preserve their social status, we won't be able to show our faces in class, no one will sit with us in the cafeteria, Ren and I have no parents, we have no home left to go to, we'll be officially renamed Team Lose-iper!" Her mad laughter turned into sobs as she slams her head on the counter.

"So, yeah, we're feeling pretty good." Ren said unperturbed.

"Don't fret." Pyrrha reassured. "If anything, we should be looking forward to a fight with actual guidelines, and not, well, ...murderers."

"Yeah, don't sweat it, we've all faced way worse before."

"Let's see. Grimm invasions, violent extremists, a destructive sociopath..." Blake counted off the threats on her fingers.

"And that's all while were still in training! Oh, imagine what it would be like to graduate!" Ruby squealed.

"Maybe then I won't have to count on a coffee addict to pay for a meal." Weiss sarcastically mumbled to herself. Eclipse simply chuckled at the heiress' annoyance.

Port crackling in over the intercom system: "Would Team JNPR please report to the battlegrounds immediately!"

Oobleck, adding in to Port's order: "Yes! Like they were scheduled to, several minutes ago!"

"Well, it looks like this is it."

"Go get 'em!" Ruby yelled to team JNPR as they walked away, Nora still depressed and Jaune looking queasy.

•••

"Team JNPR of Beacon versus BRNZ of Shade!"

As each team readied their poses, a circle of holographic roulettes started spinning frantically through various symbols and colors before finally landing on a green pine tree and gray thunderstruck mountain. With these random selections, half of the field opened to reveal a tree-filled forest, while the other raised a small rocky outcropping to fill in the circle. Jaune narrowed his eyes in concentration; Ruby "WHO-HOOOO"s loudly from her seat.

"Three, two, one, begin!"

In her seat Eclipse felt her Scroll vibrate in her pocket. She pulled it out to see a text:

Saw your fight. Nice job concealing your Semblance see you soon Queenie - Mr. Alcohol

____________________
Trying to put Eclipse into the fights is difficult but so is my life so same shit different font ig

I wanna spend volume 3 exploring Eclipse as a person and her relationships with different characters as best I can so that it'll be easier when I eventually go back and edit this book. So yeah-

Also if you're a lesbian/bi/omni/pan whatever mess I recommend watching Uncharted bc me and my friend watched it and while I can't tell you a lot about the movie itself I can tell you that the women are gorgeous, powerful, and smart sooo

Bye