Extracurricular

Outside of the hall, Team SSSN were standing at the entrance as Team RWBEY walked past. Sun noticed Blake and ran after her.

"Hey, Blake!" Sun grabbed Blake by her shoulder. "You uh, doing okay?"

Blake shut the book she was reading. "I'm fine."

"So I hear there's this dance going on this weekend... ah, sounds pretty lame, but you and me, I'm thinking, not as lame, huh?"

"What?" Blake asked.

"The dance! This weekend!" Sun exclaimed. "You wanna go, or what?"

"I don't have time for a stupid dance. I thought you of all people would get that."

Blake walked away past her team. Sun sunk from his rejection.

•••

"You what?" Blake asked.

Later, team RWBEY was in their dorm room. Blake was sitting with her arms crossed.

"We want you to go to the dance." Ruby told her.

"That's ridiculous," Blake said, dismissing the idea.

"Blake, we're worried about you." Yang said. "This investigation is starting to mess with your head."

Weiss began counting the facts on her fingers. "You can't sleep, you hardly eat, and to be honest, your grades have been suffering."

"You think I care about grades?" Blake shrugged and then gestured out the window. "People's lives are at stake!"

Yang put her hand on Blake's, lowering it.

"We know, and we're all still trying to figure out what Torchwick is up to."

"Thanks to you and Sun, we know they're operating somewhere outside of southeast Vale."

"And, the Schnee company records singled out Vale as the primary target for Dust robberies over the last few months."

"Don't forget about their missing military tech too."

"But there's still unanswered questions!"

"Blake, you won't be able to find anything if you can't even keep your eyes open!" Ruby countered.

"All we're asking is that you take it easy for one day."

"That means you too Eclipse!" The attention shifted to the Eclipse who grimaced and turned to face the others. She was so close to sneaking out too. "We get that you're trying to strengthen your Semblance but you need to take a break."

"I don't enjoy formal events." Eclipse narrowed her eyes.

"It will be fun!" Weiss told them. "Yang and I will make sure of it."

"Yeah! We're planning the whole event!"

Yang pumps her fists which causes the bed to bounce Blake.

"Excuse me?" The noirettes asked in unison.

"Team CFVY's away mission lasted longer than expected," Weiss explained.

"So, Weiss and I were asked to pick up where they left off." Yang finished. "And now we can make sure you two have the perfect night."

"And once it's all over, we'll return for our search, rested and ready."

"So what do ya think?" Ruby asked.

"I think this is a colossal waste of time."

Blake walked away from the group and opened the dorm door.

"I'll be in the library." She walked out of the room.

"She can't keep going on like this."

"Great." Yang sighed. "Eclipse?"

She sighed and nodded. The other three celebrated their small victory. "But only if I get a dance from my Angel."

"Absolutely n-" Weiss was cut off by Yang smiling threateningly behind the heterochromic teen. "Fine. But don't call me Angel."

Eclipse shook her head.

"How about you text Melina?" Yang suggested getting an incredulous look in return. "Ask her to the dance?"

"Ask my ex to be my date? Don't think so." Eclipse crossed her arms. "Besides, Melina hates this stuff even more than I do.

There was a knock at the door and Weiss approached and opened it. Jaune appeared at the door with a guitar.

"Weiss!"

Weiss slammed the door in his face. Eclipse started laughing.

"Oh, come on, open the door! I promise not to sing."

Weiss opened the door.

"I lied!" Jaune started singing again. "Weiss Schu-nee, will you accompany me, to the dance on... Sunday!?"

"Are you done?"

Jaune shrugged. "Yes?"

"No." She shut the door in his face again. Turning around, she saw the others staring at her. "What?"

The girls were standing precariously while Eclipse simply shrugged and muttered, "Tone deaf."

"And that is why they call you the Ice Queen."

Ruby finally collapsed.

"All my life, boys have only cared about the perks of my last name." Weiss told them. "Besides, I already have a date in mind."

"Is it me?" Eclipse asked jokingly, causing Weiss to push her over.

"Date or no date, none of this will matter if we can't get Blake to go."