End of the Beginning

Air buses were picking up the last few civilians and students Port and Oobleck oversaw the evacuation.

"That's it! Everybody on board! This is a mandatory evacuation!"

"A safe zone has been established in Vale! Please, remain calm and listen to Atlas personnel!"

Weiss stared at what was in front of her, with Eclipse slightly leaning on her still a bit tired, in disbelief. As Ruby came running down the path, Zwei barked to alert the two of their leader's presence, and Weiss turned around to greet her.

"Ruby!"

"Oh, I found you!" Ruby exclaimed.

"Ruby, where have you-" Weiss was cut off by Eclipse who moved over to check on the youngest girl.

"Are you okay?! What happened to you?! Do you know how worried I've been? How worried we've all been?!"

"Don't worry, I'm fine!" Ruby assured her. "What's going on?"

Unsure of what to say, Weiss lowered her gaze sadly.

"Weiss? What is it?" Ruby asked. "Eclipse?"

Eclipse sighed and Weiss stepped aside, giving Ruby a clear view of Blake and Yang lying on the ground. Both girls had bandages wrapped around their wounds, and the latter was unconscious. Behind them sat Nora and Ren, who were too battered and bruised to fight. Blake reached over and placed her hand on Yang's.

"I'm sorry." She said teary eyed.

Ruby reached out and opened her mouth to say something, but in her emotional state, she didn't know what to say.

Blake curled up, closing her eyes. "I'm so sorry."

"Yang..."

Sun walked over. "Hey. She's gonna be okay. The soldiers have a ship ready to take you guys to Vale."

"But Jaune and Pyrra are still missing."

Nora attempted to stand, but she quickly sat back down, groaning and holding her side.

"What!?"

"Look, guys, that giant Grimm is circling the school!" Sun told them. "Even the White Fang are pulling out! We all have to go, now!"

"We're not... leaving!" Ren stood up, but then fell to his knees. "Ugh!"

Sun turned and cast a worried look at Blake.

"I'll find them..." Ruby said. "I'll find them, and I'll bring them back."

"No! We will find them." Weiss turned to Nora and Ren. "Watch after Blake, Eclipse, and Yang. We'll be back."

Ruby and Weiss ran back toward , while Sun watched them go.

"You better be! Idiots." Sun muttered the insult before turning back to the others. He looked at Eclipse. "You're going after them aren't you?"

Eclipse sighed and shrugged. "My job is a hard one but a necessary one. I'll see you guys later!"

•••

Eclipse jogged over to Weiss on the side of Beacon tower.

"Great, I caught you." Eclipse took a deep breath. "You two run... really fast. Where's Ruby?"

"Up there." Weiss pointed to the top of the building. "Pyrra's up there too."

"Wonderful. Gods, how did she even get up there?"

Weiss simply held up Myrtenaster as an answer. Eclipse hummed and looked back up at the tower.

"You stay down here, I'll make sure she doesn't do anything stupid." Eclipse told her firmly.

She cast a purple glyph out of which came a Nevermore. It flapped its wings and took off with Eclipse quickly grabbing onto one of its talons.

"She better not get herself killed." Weiss muttered tiredly.

The nevermore dropped Eclipse down on top of the tower she looked upon the scene, seeing Ruby near her kneeling and Pyrrha sitting with her eyes closed, accepting the fate that awaited her. Cinder looses the arrow, which planted itself directly in the center of Pyrrha's chest. The two teens watched in horror as Pyrrha gasped in pain, the wound in her chest emitting a red glow. Cinder approached her fallen foe and placed a hand on Pyrrha's head, using her Maiden powers to incinerate her.

Pyrrha instantly ceased all movement and sound, her body glowing orange and then scattering as embers. Her headdress remained in Cinder's hand, and the villain dropped it on the floor. This scene was reflected in Ruby's silver eyes, which widened in despair and became filled with tears. Noticing the two, Cinder raised a hand to the Wyvern and commanded it to strike.

The creature obeyed diving towards the huntresses in training before being stopped by the gloved hand of Eclipse before it could hurt either of them. Her body glowed a light purple color with her aura for the second time that night as she tried to calm the creature. Her eyes glowed the same red as the Grimm's eyes as it stared her down.

Ruby clenched her fists, curled her arms to her body, and then suddenly flung her arms out to the sides, beginning to levitate slightly off the ground. Brilliant white light flowed from her eyes as she screamed out the name of her dear friend.

"PYRRHAAAAAA!!!!"

The white light enveloped her, spreading out to the Wyvern, Cinder, and finally Eclipse.

"WHAT?!" Cinder yelled in complete shock.

For a few seconds Eclipse's whole world was white but then all she saw was darkness and she felt a burning sensation all throughout her body. Then she heard a familiar voice.

"It's okay, Queenie. I got ya. You'll be okay. Hey! Get out of the damn way!"