Argus Limited

"We need to take the Relic to Atlas?"

Team RWBEY, JNPR, and Qrow were resting back at the house in Mistral.

"That's what Oz said." Qrow nodded.

Everybody looked at Weiss and Eclipse who were sitting together.

"You've got to be joking..." she deadpanned.

"I mean, bright side, we finally get out of this house!" Nora grinned.

Weiss sighed.

"Well trust me, I'm not crazy about it either. And without the Spring Maiden here to seal the Relic back in its Vault, it's our best option."

"Atlas may be the safest kingdom we have at the moment, but their borders are closed." Ren told them. General Ironwood called everyone back."

"Eh, not everyone." Qrow activated his Scroll, showing a hologram of a highlighted portion of land. "The city of Argus is a ways north of us and it's the primary trading port between Anima and Solitas. They've got the largest Atlas military base outside the kingdom. There's no way they'd leave it abandoned, and if we play our cards right, I think there's a good chance we could convince them to escort us straight to Ironwood."

"I mean, we do have the missing Heiress to the Schnee Dust Company."

"Ex-Heiress, actually." Weiss rolled her eyes.

"True, true." Yang nodded. "But if there's a chance of reward money, I say we go for it."

"Ugh..."

Eclipse groaned. "I don't want to go back to Atlas. Especially if we have to go to the Schnee's residence. No offense Angel."

"None taken. I don't want to go there either."

"Hopefully the first option will suffice."

Ozpin walked into the room.

"Glad to see you're feeling better."

"Likewise, and while I'm sure we could all use more time to recover, I'm afraid time is of the essence."

"Right, as long as that thing's out in the open, its power could fall into the wrong hands."

"Speaking of, what does it do exactly?" Jaune asked. "Qrow never really told us."

Everyone looked to Ozpin, who turned around to face them.

"Of course." He detached the Relic from his hip. "The Relic of Knowledge has a wonderful, and incredibly dangerous ability. Its user can ask any question, and the Lamp will provide an answer."

Ozpin placed the Relic down, and it floated on the table.

"Intriguing..."

"That's incredible..."

"Indeed. However, it's not without drawbacks. The Lamp cannot tell of events that have yet to happen, and it will only ever answer three questions every one hundred years."

"Well, I guess that's not so bad. Adds a lot of pressure though."

"Then let's put it to a vote!" Nora zipped around the room, causing Ruby to jump and Qrow to spit out his coffee. "What should we ask first? Oh! Can we ask for more questions? CAN WE ASK FOR MORE QUESTIONS?!"

Ren facepalmed. "They're not wishes..."

Ozpin chuckled. "I'm afraid you won't be able to ask it anything at the moment. The questions were used before I sealed it away."

"Well, at least now we know what it is. And we'll be sure to keep it safe!"

•••