Search and Destroy

The four horrified members of Team RWBEY continued to stare upon seeing their guide for the week as Eclipse continued to grin happily.

"Professor Oobleck?" Weiss asked.

"Yes, I'm afraid those bags won't be necessary, children, seeing as you've opted to shadow a Huntsman on what is now essentially a reconnaissance mission." Oobleck was talking fast, per the norm, as he paced in front of the students. "I can assure you, we will not be establishing a single base of operations; rather, we will be traversing several miles of hazardous wasteland and making camp in any defendable locations we may stumble upon. I packed all of our essentials myself, plotted our air course, and readied the airship. And.." He zoomed right up to Weiss' face. "It's Doctor Oobleck. I didn't earn the PhD for fun, thank you very much!"

Weiss looked over at Blake, who was equally disturbed.

"Uh..."

"Come now, children; according to my schedule, we are already three minutes behind!" Then, as an afterthought to clarify: "...schedule!"

He zipped off to the airship docked farther ahead in a second.

Ruby was positive and upbeat before suddenly becoming as depressed as her team halfway through. "Well, alright, then! Looks like we're going to save the world with Doctor Oooobleck- okay yeah when you say it out loud it sounds worse."

"Save the world?"

Team RWBEY turned around to see Nora and the rest of Team JNPR approaching.

"You're going on world-saving missions without us? I'm hurt... sad!" Nora's stomach rumbled, cutting off her dramatic rant. "Maybe a little hungry? That last one's not your fault, though, Ren..."

Ren simply crossed his arms and turned away.

"The way to a girl's heart is through her stomach." Eclipse winked causing Ren to blush.

"Yeah." Yang winked, both teasing the black haired male.

"Sounds exciting. Where ya going?" Jaune asked, oblivious to the other converation.

"Oh, just outside the kingdom..."

"Hey! So are we!"

"Ren and Nora wanted to shadow the sheriff of a nearby village." Pyrra informed.

"We set out tomorrow." Ren told them.

"Then you can party with us tonight!" Neptune and Sun approached the two groups. "We're shadowing a crime specialist. All inner-city detective stuff. We get junior badges."

Jaune was awestruck while Eclipse narrowed her eyes and put an arm around Weiss. Ever since the dance she would cling onto Weiss like a cat whenever Neptune was around. Weiss ignored it as by now she was used to the noirette's actions.

"We normally go to the city with you guys, which means stuff's always exploding and junk, so we thought this might be a better way to check out the kingdom when it's, you know... normal."

"Well-" Ruby started.

Oobleck appears from the airship to call to Team RWBY, who are embarrassed:

"Four minutes, children!" He went back inside as their friends smiled awkwardly at the team.

"Well, uh..." Ruby put a thumbs-up. "Wish us luck!"

With that, the friends disband, either back to Beacon Academy or towards their mission.

•••

The airship was flying over buildings and streets amid deafening turbines.