14

MINJI

We arrived at home, so yeah, it's like Hanni and Haerin skipped class. I lets Haerin stay at my mansion so she can take a rest after a traumatizing scene earlier. My men said that Sunghoon's body was buried in our private property cemetery now. And it hurts to hear that but also good, good because Sunghoon will be in a better place now and his body in a better place too. (lutang ako rn)

"My condolence to Sunghoon and his family."

"He has no famil-"

"Jin."

"Sorry."

"Yeah, just thank you. He can finally be with his family up there now."

Jake just found out about Sunghoon's death when we arrived home. At least he saw his body before getting burried. He's still crying like a cry baby, it's because Sunghoon is his bestfriend ever since they were child. We three are friends since birth, joke.

"Where are you going Hanni?"

"To Jake, he needs someone by his side."

"He's old enough-"

"It's that easy for you to say that because after all, you have never experienced losing a loved one."

I was left dumbfounded there, my hands inside my pockets. Wow? Sunghoon is also my friend and I already have lost many loved ones, what does she mean? I just grinned and chuckled.

"Mommy is hilarious, momma."

I turned around and saw Minjun standing with popcorn in his hand and I giggled as I carry him in my arms.

"I know right. Your mommy is such a baby and immature."

"I agree momma."

HANNI

I sat beside Jake and hugs him.

"I know how it affects you and how in pain you are right now."

"It-it hurts so much... if I only knew that it would be the last time I will see him then maybe I told him how much I care and love him as my brother. I hate him, I hate him for leaving me, Ms. Pham...."

"Call me hanni when it's just the two of us."

I said as I rub his back and he holds my hand tightly.

"He'll be in a good place now, okay?"

"I hope he's happy with his family right now.."

I comforted him and stayed by his side for almost three hours and I'm happy that I'm helping him.

"Everything's gonna be alright Jake. Wanna eat outside?"

"I appreciate your offer but I'll be okay by staying inside the mansion and eye on you..."

"You need to rest you know? You can't always work."

"You are my rest, and just seeing you, I have my rest already. Thank you for sympathizing with me."

I smiled and pats his back with a little blush.

"You're rizzing me up, stop it."

He laughed and I wipe his tears.

"I'm not rizzing you. What I said was true."

"What do you mean then? Are you saying you like me? Or I am just being delusional."

"I don't know. It's nothing haha. Maybe I'm just hungry."

"Oh? Then you want to eat now?"

"I'll eat by myself, I bet you haven't eaten yet, right?"