Chapter Eleven

The three stood staring at the parchment in silence for a while until Molly broke that silence.

"Percy, I think this potion doesn't work or something, or is it a joke, what is it?" said Molly, her voice trembling.

Although the potion showed that her son Charles had no secret children, and Her beliefs were wrong, but it also showed the existence of an eighth child for her husband, Arthur of Minerva McGonagall.

Molly couldn't believe this and started to think that this potion was rotten.

Percy didn't answer, and whenever he tried to open his mouth to speak, he didn't know what to say, so he closed it again.

"I think, Molly," said Arthur, after controlling himself in a trembling voice, "there is a possibility that what was written on the parchment is true."

Molly and Percy both quickly looked at Arthur, their eyes wide.

"What do you mean, Arthur?" said Molly, horrified at the thought. "What do you mean by that? Are you having a love Affair with Minerva? Are you cheating on me after all these years?"

"It's not what you think, molly ," said Arthur. "You don't understand."

Molly shouted quickly, her voice getting louder, "What am I to think, Arthur Weasley? You have an illegitimate daughter from an affair with a woman whom i trusted as a friend, a woman who was your children's favorite teacher. What do I not understand, Arthur?"

Arthur swallowed his saliva and said, "Minerva and I weren't more than friends, as you know. Our relationship didn't evolve into a love affair, but." Arthur was silent. He didn't know how to tell Molly the secret he had kept all these years.

"But what, complete your words, Arthur?" said Molly in an angry voice.

Arthur said, "It was just one night. Believe me, one night I spent with Minerva in her house almost nine years ago. It was just a mistake and it never happened again, neither with Minerva nor with another woman."

Molly put her hands over her mouth and let out a weak shriek and slumped onto the couch, in shock at what she was hearing.

Percy was standing still watching the conversation between his parents and he was not believing what he heard, Percy did not try to intervene by saying anything yet.

"Molly, my darling," said Arthur, "I'm sorry, I'm really sorry. Believe me, I didn't know I had a daughter from her. I broke off all relations with her after this night."

"Get out, Arthur," said Molly, crying. "I don't want to see you in front of me. Do you hear me? Get out now."

Arthur said, "Listen to me, Molly. Believe me, I didn't ..."

Molly interrupted him while shouting at him saying, "I don't want to hear your voice, Arthur, get out now. I don't want to see you in front of me. Do you hear me, get out?" Molly's tears were covering her face.

"Father," said Percy, "I think you'd better let her absorb it, though I can't even absorb it." He said, shocked at what he had heard, and continued, "You'd better get out, Dad."

Arthur sighed, shook his head, and walked out of the living room.

Then Percy heard the door of the house open and close and knew that Arthur had left the house.

Percy went to Molly and sat down next to her and took her hand and said, "Mom!"

Molly collapsed and began to cry in pain. She did not believe that Arthur, her husband, partner in life, and her first and only love, betrayed her, and fathered a child from another woman, an illegitimate daughter.