chapter six

May 2000

Minerva was sitting on the rocking chair in the baby's room, she was putting the final touches, as her due date was approaching, and there was only about a month left.
She was holding pieces of parchment and a feather, recording the things left to buy.

Minerva finished her list and here she stood, swaying slightly left and right, smiling, as she had thought lately that she was walking like a penguin because of her very big belly.

She reached the living room, and there he found it at the window, an owl carrying a message on her feet. She went to her, and the owl extended her foot to Minerva, and Minerva deciphered the message, and when she finished, the owl spread her wings and flew away.

Minerva took the letter and went to the nearest chair to sit. She read the letter. It was from Molly telling her that Fleur had a daughter on May 2nd and that she and Bill had decided to name her (Victoire), which means "victory" in French, because her date of birth coincided with the anniversary of the Battle of Hogwarts.

Minerva decided to send her a congratulatory message and went to her office to write that letter
______________________________________

Minerva was in the examination room at St Mungo at her weekly appointment, with her Healer in front of her.

The Healer said, "Everything is almost ready. Your condition and that of the baby are stable so far. There is only one thing left. As you know, Minerva, this birth will be dangerous for you and the baby. The pregnancy has gone well so far, but I do not guarantee you the birth either." So I prefer to have someone from the family with you as much as possible."

Minerva replied to her, "But you told me that the child's condition is good and his indicators are normal, and you know that I decided to keep the matter confidential, so no one knows about it."

The Healer replied, "What if something happened to you, Minerva, during childbirth? Will the child go to an orphanage? Is that what you want?"

Minerva was saddened when she thought about it and put her hand on her belly and started rubbing it tenderly. They had discussed the possibility that she might die during childbirth before, but she had no desire to tell anyone, so an idea occurred to her head.

Minerva said, "A letter. I will write a letter to my brother, describing the situation to him and leaving him a will to take care of the child in the worst case. The letter will remain with me in my birth bag . If something happened to me and I did not survive childbirth, a hospital can send it to him, but if I survived, I would not have to send it."

The Healer replied, after taking a long breath, "You are the most stubborn person I have ever met, Minerva McGonagall, but if this was your decision, I did not object."
______________________________________

In the office room of Minerva's house, she sat at her desk writing two letters, one to her brother telling him the story of her pregnancy without mentioning the father, and the other letter to Arthur Weasley sent to him in case her brother refuses to take care of her child, although she was suspicious of that, but it must be Always have a plan B.

After she finished the two letters, she took them to put them in the maternity bag.
______________________________________

On the fourth of June 2000, Minerva began to feel labor pains, she controlled herself and took the bag and went to St. Mungo.
______________________________________

The birth of Minerva's child continued until she was born on the morning of June 6, 2000. She was a red-haired girl like her father.
______________________________________

Minerva was in one of the hospital rooms, holding her newborn daughter, she was staring at her, she could not take her eyes off that little girl, that was the happiest moment in Minerva's life, she was holding on to her daughter and they were both fine.

Suddenly the little girl opened her eyes, and they were green in color, like her mother. Minerva smiled at her and kissed her on the head.

Minerva said to her, "I have decided to call you Athena , my child, Athena Isobel McGonagall."
______________________________________

This is the first story I write.

If you have any advice, please send it to me.

I also want to know your opinion on the story.

Thank you for reading the story so far.