25. understand

ADELINA'S POV
i was dreading the fact i had to talk to my mom and dad about this. i wanted to be public about it myself but clara just had to ruin it.

joão eventually had to get up and go to practice leaving me in the room alone.

i didn't have the energy to do anything all day, i kept zoning out, my head was filled with thoughts.

i picked up my phone after taking a shower, scrolling through my contacts and clicking on my dad's contact.

i had a bunch of missing calls and messages from him.. i was afraid he would be angry as well but there was still some hope.

within a few seconds, he answered the phone. "adelina, where have you been!?" he asked, worried. i expected him to yell, causing me to flinch away from the phone but it was the exact opposite.

he was calm, like he always was whenever my mom yelled at me. "are you mad?" i asked nervously. "no no, of course not. talk to me please. what happened? when did this start? tell me everything."

i was still nervous to open up to my dad, i knew he would never judge me or do the things my mom did but i began to have trust issues because of clara.

she was my favorite person, my therapist. i told her things i never told anyone else and she had the audacity to ruin my life.

the fact she knew carlos could come back into my life if this news comes out and she still fucking did it. i felt sick to my stomach but i still wanted to tell my dad.

i explained to him everything that had happened, tried to warm him up to joão and it actually worked. he didn't sound it but he listened to everything i said and told me that he wanted to meet him when we come back.

he also told me to speak to my mom, fuck.

i nodded before hanging up the phone, my heart began to beat faster each time i scrolled closer to her contact.

within a few seconds the phone was answered, again. it was quiet, nothing was heard. it only made me even more nervous to what was coming next.

"i told you not to ruin our reputation again, you didn't listen." she spoke calmly but there was still anger in her voice.

"when you come back from your trip i want you to pack up your things and leave. i don't want to see you ever again." she spoke again before hanging up the phone.

i don't know why but her words still hurt, she didn't have to be screaming them at me or hit me for them to hurt. i knew it was coming, and i knew that she wished i was different.

i turned off my phone, setting it on the table next to me before climbing onto the bed and staring at the ceiling.

clara, the girl who started my life has just ended it.

i was filled with different emotions, i decided to ignore them, falling asleep.

"adelina, wake up." i heard joão's voice, he must be back from practice. i slowly opened up my eyes, smiling when my eyes fixated on him.

"did you sleep well?" he asked, sitting down next to me. i nodded, he chuckled before wrapping his arms around me.

"i brought food, get up." he spoke, letting go of me. or at least he tried, i held his hand causing him to turn around and look back at me.

"my mom wants me to move out." i revealed to joão, i noticed his eyes soften as he hugged me again. "i'm so sorry, adelina."

"you can always move in with me." he spoke with a chuckle, i laughed lightly at his change of tone.