14. explanation

ADELINA'S POV
as soon as i got home, i ran upstairs and looked through my clothes. (i struggled sm to think of a cute fit n i'm sure u guys got better taste than me so just go ahead and imagine 😭🙏)

i curled my hair and left the makeup i already had from my photoshoot because it fit my outfit already before going downstairs. i wore my high heels before texting joão.

he said he would pick me up so i sat on my couch and waited for him to text me back. a couple of minutes later, he texted back, telling me he's outside.

i walked outside before turning around and locking my door. i saw his car in front of my house so i walked over it with a smile on my face.

right after getting into the car, i buckled my seatbelt before looking over to him. he was wearing a tshirt with jeans, did i overdress?

"what's wrong?" he asked, noticing i looked worried. "do i look too much?" i asked, nervous.

he quickly shook his head before holding my hand. "you look like you're going to own the party. i just don't dress up too much for these stuff." he explained.

"sorry, i'm just nervous to meet everyone. i don't want to make a wrong first impression." i held his hand, looking back at him. he gave me a smile before leaning in and kissing me.

i wanted to keep kissing him but he pulled away, looking at me once again. "i missed you." he spoke before turning on the car.

"i didn't miss you a bit." i sarcastically said, rolling my eyes. "yeah? you liked all of my instagram posts." he chuckled.

my eyes widened, quickly turning on my phone and checking his account. i exhaled when i noticed none of the posts were liked.

"so you don't miss me." he said with a stupid smirk. i wanted to push him but he was driving, damn it. "shut up." i said with crossed arms before looking out the window.

he took a glance at the road before turning his head and pecking my cheek quickly. "JOÃO! i don't want to die today."

"you look good, it's better to die sexy." he commented. my face scrunched up, that makes no sense. "you make no sense half the time you speak." i judged him before turning my head back to the window.

"i still bagged you." he talked back. i glared at him making him clear his throat and adjust to his seat.

the drive to the party was fifteen minutes short. i kept tapping my thigh, nervously. joão put his hand on my thigh to calm me down. i took his hand in mine before flashing him a smile.

joão put his arm around me as we walked into the party. right off the bat, he started talking to someone that i have seen before during practice.

"bruno!" joão said as he went over to him and hugged him. he guy hugged him back with a drink in his hand. "what's up, félix?" he asked with a smile on his face.

joão introduced me to him, he shook my hand with a friendly smile on his face, he seems nice.

joão went back and stood next to me, he took his hand in mine before starting to walk away and dragging me with him. i wondered where andre and clara were.

we walked for a bit before someone else tapped joão making him turn around, his smile grew as he walked over to him and pulled him into a hug.

"why are you late?" he asked. "i'm not late, you're early." he talked back.

"this is my girlfriend, adelina." joão said, introducing me to the man. he had a girl with him, she looked fucking gorgeous like my jaw dropped.

"nice to meet you, adelina. i'm cristiano, this is georgina." he introduced himself and the woman next to him. i looked over to her to see her already have a smile on her face.