24. public

ADELINA'S POV
joão still didn't let go of my hand after we got out of the bus, i caressed his face with my other hand before leaning in and kissing him.

"i love you, good luck." i spoke, softly. he nodded with a smile "i love you too." i let go of his hand, walking away and following after georgina.

she sat in the nosebleed section, leaving a seat for me. i looked around but could barely find clara which was good. i didn't want to see her right now, or ever.

the seats began to fill up with people, there was already such huge energy and cheering. a group of girls walked past me, one of them wearing a jersey with joão's name on it.

"he'll fall head over heels when he sees me, just wait!" georgina and i looked at each other after hearing her, holding back laughter.

just then, both groups made it onto the stadium. joão stood in a line with his group as they sang the anthem.

i noticed him looking for me, his smile grew when he noticed me. the group of girls looked behind them to see who joão was smiling at.

they all gasped, looking at me with dirty eyes before turning around. "you have already gotten them mad, your power." georgina whispered to me before chuckling.

georgina and i ended up talking the entire game while still watching it and cheering, of course.

"that's great! when are you planning on going public?" she asked after i told her all he had asked me this morning.

"i don't know, as soon as possible." i shrugged with a confused face. she nodded, "whenever it feels right, you'll know." she spoke with a soft smile before looking back at the game.

the game ended with a 2-0, bruno fernandes scoring both goals. joão got subbed out towards the end of it but he still did good, i'm proud of him.

after the stadium was almost empty georgina and i walked to the locker room and met up with the team.

joão ran over to me, pulling me into a hug. "i missed you." he whispered, i chuckled at his reaction. "i was right there, joão."

"still. i wanted you." he spoke with a smile before pulling away from the hug and leaning in to kiss me. "joão, your team is right there."

"i don't care." he rolled his eyes playfully, pecking my cheek and holding my hand. we walked out of the room, over to the bus.

the team followed behind us, most of them talking about how the game went and praising bruno.

i sat next to joão, letting him take the window seat as usual. he lied his head on my shoulder, taking a nap.

when we got back to the hotel, i slightly shook him causing him to open up his eyes and groan.

"come on, we made it." i chuckled at his reaction, he nodded, picking up his bag. clara walked past the two of us, getting out of the bus before anyone else. andre turned around, smiling at me before following her.

joão put his arm around me, walking out with me. he still had his eyes closed, in his sleeping mindset. "i didn't know you were so sleepy." i spoke softly, "i didn't get to sleep a lot, i was only staring at you." he said back, having that stupid smirk that he always had on his face.

i knew the actual reason he didn't enough sleep is because of how nervous he was, i took his hand in mine before kissing it.

"let's go take a nap." i whispered before pecking his cheek as the elevator door opened.

joão ran into the bathroom, taking a quick shower before walking out and lying in bed after we walked into the room.

i changed into my comfortable clothes, removing my makeup before climbing into bed next to joão.