7. kiss

ADELINA'S POV
i woke up to the sound of the bathroom door opening up. i was already half awake so it was very easy for me to get up.

i looked up to meet eyes with a wet hair joão. he had a towel around his waist only. i will be honest, i was fighting for my life trying not to look at his shirtless body.

"i have got to get to practice. i made some breakfast, it's downstairs." he broke the silence.

i quickly nodded before thanking him. he smiled at me before taking his clothes and leaving the room.

by the time i made it downstairs he was already gone. i scrolled through tiktok as i ate my breakfast. i wanted to thank him again for all he has done for me.

i truly felt grateful for him, i have only known him a short amount of time but he has already saved me multiple times. i don't think i would be able to survive if it wasn't for him.

after breakfast, i lied on the couch and watched la casa de papel. (i haven't finished the show yet y'all don't clown me 💀)

i ended up falling asleep in the middle of it. my phone kept ringing but i had it on silent so i didn't hear it. joão came back fifteen minutes later. he found me asleep on the couch, turning off the tv and putting a blanket over me.

he noticed that i had already washed the dishes which caused him to smile.

i woke up about an hour later, turning my phone on to check it. it was filled with messages from both of my parents and missed calls.

they don't call me to tell me good luck but when it comes to carlos or my relationship, they seem to care quite a lot.

joão walked downstairs, surprised to see me awake already. "hey, did you sleep good?" he asked, sitting next to me. i nodded with a smile.

"thank you for breakfast, you're not a bad cook." he chuckled before thanking me.

"do you want to go for a swim?" he asked.

"i don't have any swimsuits." i said with a sad face. he looked at me before smiling. "it's okay, wear whatever you're doing right now."

i looked down at my clothes.. well his clothes. "are you sure?" i asked with raised eyebrows. i didn't want to ruin his clothes he was already doing so much for me i felt terrible.

he nodded before dragging me out of the couch and onto the place where the pool was. he wasted no time, taking off his shirt and pants before jumping into the pool. water splashed all over the place causing me to get wet already.

"come on! the water isn't cold." he tried to reassure me. i still felt bad about his clothes so i took off my shirt and pants before jumping in.

thank god, i had a matching set on or else i would look like a fucking clown.

he was a liar! the water was in fact cold. "WHY DID YOU LIE?" i asked as i pushed my hair out of my face.

he chuckled before starting to splash me. i covered my face as i tried to splash him back but failed miserably.

"STOP BULLYING ME!" i yelled as he stopped and started to laugh. i took the chance to start splashing him. he covered his face as he tried to fight back. he held me by my waist as he pushed me at the edge of the pool.

my breath hitched at his sudden touch. we both laughed uncontrollably before realizing our position. his smile faded as he looked me in the eye. it was that same look, that serious look that he had every single time.

the look that made my heart beat and made me think that it was going to jump out. he pushed my hair behind my ear, goosebumps ran down my spine at his touch.