8. theater

ADELINA'S POV
i needed to talk to pedri as soon as possible. i couldn't have him in my life anymore. i called him a few times before he finally answered.

i told him that i wanted to talk to him so he told me we can meet at a coffee place nearby. i drove there from practice and waited for him.

i thought i would be okay but seeing him made my heart hurt. i wanted to cry all over again but i had to keep it together. he pulled me into a hug, i didn't hug him back instead pulled him away.

he ignored my reaction, sat down in front of me. the waitress walked up to our table, asking what our order will be. i noticed pedri give her flirty looks which caused her to smile. i can't believe i fell for his bullshit.

"i'll have an espresso." i said, looking at her. she seemed to be busy smiling at him.

"same." he said as he handed her the menus.

when she left, he looked back at me. "so, what did you need to talk about?" he asked.

"why haven't you been answering my texts? is everything okay?" i asked first to see if he's going to lie.

"oh yeah, my mom is super sick so i have spent my time in the hospital with her." i felt disgusted, i can't believe he's lying to me and using his mom.

he took my hand in his before kissing them. i gave him a fake smile as he looked at me. i wanted to throw up and cry.

i turned my head to see maria walk through the door. she sat at a table near us, exchanging looks with pedri. is he being serious?

i pulled my hands away from his. he was confused by my movement. "what are you doing?" he asked.

"i can't believe you, pedri. you're a fucking asshole! i can't believe you played me and made me look like a joke. you couldn't even tell me the truth just now? and, you brought your girlfriend over here too?!" i got up from my seat.

"have a good fucking life." i said before taking my purse, phone and leaving.

i broke down into tears after i made it to my car. i didn't know where i was driving, i needed to be far away from here.

my phone vibrated revealing a message from joão. i checked to see what he had said.

                                  joão :)
joão
hey, is everything okay?
are you okay?
please answer.

                                                                        adelina
                                                                   i'm okay.
                                             thank you for asking :)
                           do you wanna go on a road trip?
joão
sorry?
what?

a couple of seconds later, my phone started to ring. i answered it after a couple of seconds. "what do you mean?" joão sounded confused.

"where should we go?" i asked. "HUH? adelina, i can't go." he quickly shut my idea down.

"come on, joão! it will be fun! we can even invite clara and andre with us."

"okay, gross. you will hear them next door the entire time. they are very affectionate and loud." i chuckled at his words. "well, whatever i'm still inviting them."

"are you okay? did you like hit your head or something?" he asked, concerned. i rolled my eyes annoyingly. "bye!" i said before hanging up the phone in his face.