17. feelings

ADELINA'S POV
we had three days before portugal has to go against ghana. joão and i decided to go out for the first day, having the other two days for practice and rest.

we were walking on the streets near a beach, there were a bunch of cool stuff to look at. we decided to go to a carnival because why not?!

also, i forced him. right as we walked in, i ran up and decided to try to win a teddy bear for him.

"this is rigged!!" i said, angrily. joão held back his laughter, "alright let me try." he said with confidence.

he threw a couple of the darts, getting them in the right place. "are you sure it's rigged?" he asked, being cocky.

just as he said that, he missed the darts and he was out of time. i know i shouldn't be happy that he lost but i really was. "are you sure it's rigged?" i mocked him before walking away.

"that wasn't fair! i was busy talking to you." he tried to justify himself, following me.

"i want ice cream." i said, changing the topic. i noticed it was getting even hotter throughout the day, and seeing an ice cream stand.. i gave up.

he didn't even get to think about what i said, following behind me as i ran over to the ice cream stand.

"what flavor do you want?" he asked, taking out his wallet. i stopped him, "let me buy it, i'm the one who wanted it."

"let me pay for it, adelina. i'll get upset if you don't let me." he said, holding my hand. "fine but let me pay for whatever you want next."

he nodded with a smile, continuing to take his wallet out. "i'll take the oreo flavor." i said, with a smile.

"you're one of those people?" he asked, paying for it. "don't tell me you like mint chocolate.." i said, looking at him.

"what about it?" he asked, my eyes widened in disgust. "oh hell nooooo!!!!" i said, taking my ice cream.

i thanked the worker before walking away. "is it attacking joão day?" he asked, confused. "you're doing this to yourself." i chuckled, he looked so adorable when he was defending himself.

he snatched my ice cream, tasting it. "mint chocolate is better." he said, handing me the ice cream back.

we ended up playing around for a couple of hours, i think joão almost threw up when we went to the roller coasters. or maybe he did.. i honestly don't know, and don't want to know.

"did you have fun?" he asked, holding my hand and swinging it. we were walking back to the hotel, i liked walking around here better than driving.

you actually get to enjoy the weather, and the people around you. i also get more time with joão, just holding his hand and walking around peacefully.

i loved the little moments like these, they made me really happy, or maybe it was who i was spending it with that made me happy.

he was the reason all of these small moments were so special to me. things like driving around or walking and holding hands.

i loved how i could tell him anything that was on my mind, he would never judge me. "do you always stare at people?" joão asked making me look away.

"no, you've just got something on your face." i said, hiding my face from the sun. "beauty?" he asked, raising his eyebrows at me.

"you talk like you're in a disney channel show, please shut up." i said, rolling my eyes.

he looked offended, gasping before letting go of my hand and walking through the lobby. i laughed at his reaction, following behind him before bumping into someone.