15. proposal

ADELINA'S POV
i walked around with pedri and talked for about two more hours before he said he had to go to a team thing so we said goodbye and left.

i was glad it ended on good terms, it won't be awkward to see him anymore. i facetimed joão while i was on my way home, i told him everything that happened and he too was glad it ended on good terms.

i didn't really know what i would do for the rest of the day, it felt more like a filler day because all of the fun happens tomorrow. i decided to just watch some netflix and take naps until tomorrow.

but of course, it doesn't end well because i heard someone banging on my door. i ran downstairs to open up the door, clara quickly hugged me.

"woah, what the hell happened!?" i asked, panicking. "ANDRE PROPOSED TO ME!" she screamed while jumping up and down.

i had to process what the hell she had just said. "HUH!? COME IN." i screamed, matching her energy before dragging her into my house.

she giggled before running over and sitting on the couch. i locked the door before turning to look at her again. "when did this happen?" i asked, sitting next to her.

"last night! after the party, i told him to take me home and he took me to this cute little place where there was a dining table and rose petals and a band! we ate some food and i was like half drunk but i could still process what was happening. but the food was super spicy so i chugged my drink and almost choked to death." i tried to understand what the hell she was saying, still being supportive.

"anyways, i coughed and with his help i got the ring out and lived again. so he like wiped the ring then got down on one knee and asked if i would marry him!" she explained with a smile on her face.

"what a dream!" i gasped, that must have been a very interesting proposal. "so did you say yes?" i asked.

"well, i ended up running away and throwing up but yeah i did!" she blushed and chuckled.

"I'M SO HAPPY FOR YOU, OH MY GOD!" i wrapped my arms around her, pulling her into a hug. she hugged me back, almost crying.

"thank you! i'm so glad he came into my life. i forgot what my life was like before him." she said, showing me her ring before getting up from the couch.

"wait, you're leaving?" i asked, confused. "oh yeah. i just came here to tell you this! but, there is a celebration dinner tonight. it's really just me, andre, you and joão. and it's going to be at my house. see you there!" she said, excitedly before winking at me and leaving.

i can't believe clara is getting married, oh my god. andre and her are definitely meant to be, i'm about to sob.

just then, the door opened up once again. i turned around to see my parents, oh hell no.

"adelina! hi honey!" my dad said as he ran over and pulled me into a hug. i hugged him back before pulling away. "how are you doing?" i asked.

my mother interrupted, walking in. "what was clara doing here?" she asked. "she came over to tell me, she's getting married!" i explained, excitedly.

"some guy hates himself enough to marry her? and what about you?" she asked. i hated his mom talked badly about clara. she never liked her, i was just glad she didn't stop me from seeing her.

"that's so nice to hear! tell her the both of us say congratulations the next time you meet her." my dad said as he flashed me a smile.

"oh yeah, i'm meeting her tonight for dinner." i spoke, my mom looked disappointed before rolling her eyes. "okay but we need to see you. let's eat out together tomorrow." she suggested, closing the door.