6. date

JOÃO'S POV
i woke up slowly, my eyes met the window before closing again. i opened them up again, realizing i wasn't in my room. i turned my head to see maria next to me on the bed.

what the fuck? i panicked, waking her up. i tried to remember the night before but couldn't. what the hell was she doing here?

"what do you want?" she groaned before going back to sleep. i nudged her once again causing her to get up, annoyed.

"what the fuck am i doing here?" i asked, full panic mode. she turned around, taking her phone and looking through it before showing me a series of pictures.

i was asleep in all of them while she had a smile on her face. she was on my lap in one of them and kissing me. in others, we were in bed together and she was kissing me on the cheek.

i felt disgusted by her actions. "did you fucking drug me?" i asked, fully scared. she rolled her eyes. "well if that's what you call it."

i quickly stood up, taking my phone and car keys before starting to leave. "who is adelina? you were calling her name all night! i had no other choice." she tried to justify her actions. i stopped, my heart beating faster at the sound of her name.

"don't say her name or come near me ever again." i said, coldly before walking out and slamming the door behind me.

ADELINA'S POV
i woke up early in the morning, nervous about my date with pedri. he told me to wear whatever which is the worst thing anybody can ever say.

he didn't tell me where he was taking me either so this was a big problem. i didn't know what to do, or who to take advice from. clara would probably put me in a whole dress and high heels. it would be weird to ask her boyfriend, andre for advice since we aren't close.

only another person popped into my head. i was still awkward about our last encounter. he had been very weird and walked away from me quickly.

my door knocked, interrupting my thoughts and making me run downstairs. the door revealed joão. he had a flower bouquet in his hand but i couldn't even notice it because of how tired he looked. i would be lying if i said i wasn't worried.

"joão, what are you doing here?" i asked.

he gave me a smile before handing me the flowers. "i wanted to apologize for the way i acted last night. i was tired and overwhelmed." he explained himself.

i smiled back, taking the flowers. they were red carnations, i smelled them only to smile brighter.

"thank you, joão! you didn't have to apologize or come all the way here. i understand." i nodded before letting him in. he took off his shoes before entering the living room.

"you have a date with pedri tonight, right?" he asked. i turned around to look at him as i set the flowers on my kitchen counter.

"yeah, how did you know?" i asked, curious.

"i heard. so, do you have an outfit ready?" he asked as he kept his eyes on me. i sighed before shaking my head.

"i can help you." he said softly. my eyes widened as i smiled with excitement. "really? oh my god, thank you!" i jumped up and down.

he chuckled before i took his hand in mine and dragged him upstairs with me. i tried out a couple of outfits that i had in mind. he approved of all of them but i still felt like they were terrible.

"adelina, you will be okay. you look beautiful in everything you wear, pedri will find you beautiful in everything you wear. if he doesn't then, he's blind." joão walked over to me as he took my hand in his.