12. official

ADELINA'S POV
clara hasn't spoken since we got into the uber, she shut her phone off and kept looking out the window.

my phone buzzed, making me check it. it was a message from joão.

joão 🤎
joão
andre won't speak to me.
this is so weird..
is clara okay?

adelina
no, she's super quiet.
i miss you already.
joão
i miss you more ❤️
update me later.

i smiled as i stared at his text, he's so cute. clara turned her head, looking at me. "what are you smiling at?" she asked.

i quickly turned off my phone and looked back at her. "nothing." i spoke.

the driver parked in front of a random coffee shop. clara thanked him before getting off, i left as well, still confused.

i followed her as we entered, she ordered a latte and i ordered same as her. "okay seriously, what the hell is going on?" i asked.

"i asked andre if he ever saw us together in the future and he went completely silent. i tried to let him explain what he meant but he went silent again. i feel completely lost." she explained.

JOÃO'S POV
"what do you mean!? why did you go silent? why are you stupid!?" i asked, completely panicked.

"YES, I AM STUPID. she just suddenly asked me about it and i felt scared. i mean, it's all i have been thinking about but it caught me off guard when she suddenly asked me such question." andre justified as walked around the kitchen.

"well what do you plan on doing about it?" i asked, sitting down on the couch.

ADELINA'S POV
"i don't know what i'm supposed to do. do i ignore him? do i let him explain again? tell me."

"i don't think he meant anything by his reaction, clara. i know you have been hurt before but i have seen you with andre and there is no way he would ever hurt you like that on purpose." i tried to help her feel better. it was true though, she has been so happy ever since andre came into her life and i would hate to see them break up over something like this.

JOÃO'S POV
"you're right, i should talk to her." andre nodded his head. "there you go! where is she right now?" i asked.

"i don't know, ask your girlfriend." he spoke, referring to adelina. i smiled before taking my phone out and asking her where she is.

a few seconds later, she sent me her location.

andre and i quickly left the house and began to drive over to the location.

ADELINA'S POV
i decided not to tell clara but i knew joão and andre were most likely on their way. clara needed to talk to him and they needed to clear the air as soon as possible.

i was correct, my eyes connected with joão and my smile grew. clara turned around, making eye contact with andre. she walked over to him as he took a step close to her.

"can we please talk?" he asked. she nodded, he took his hand in hers and walked the both of them outside.

joão walked over and sat in clara's seat before stealing my drink. "didn't know you liked lattes." he spoke. i smiled before snatching the drink back and taking a sip while holding eye contact with him.

he chuckled, looking away from me. i looked outside to see clara and andre hugging. my smile faded when the two of them got into the car and drove off. "joão, they left!" i tapped them repeatedly causing him to look outside. "those bitches." he rolled his eyes.